Graham Taylor book | Vital Football

Graham Taylor book

Chesterimp

Vital Football Hero
Strictly speaking, one for "Off Topic" as it's about his time at Watford, but just read a positive review of a new book by Robert Preston (also wrote "A Very English Scandal"), titled "Watford Forever - How Graham Taylor Saved a Football Club, a Town and Each Other".

Might be one for the holiday reading list even if GT's departure to Watford still rankles.

Strictly speaking, one for "Off Topic" as it's about his time at Watford, but just read a positive review of a new book by Robert Preston (also wrote "A Very English Scandal"), titled "Watford Forever - How Graham Taylor Saved a Football Club, a Town and Each Other".

Might be one for the holiday reading list even if GT's departure to Watford still rankles.
I cried as a kid when GT left for Watford, and hated Elton John ever since …. of course that’s football, and the lack of ambition by Dove & the Imps Board was typical Lincoln, especially as they were from a similar sized town population wise.

50 odd years later I’ve mellowed considerably, but I felt like I’d got some sort of personal revenge when my other City hammered them 6-0 in the FA Cup Final a few years ago.

I might give this a read, so thanks for the heads up.

I cried as a kid when GT left for Watford, and hated Elton John ever since …. of course that’s football, and the lack of ambition by Dove & the Imps Board was typical Lincoln, especially as they were from a similar sized town population wise.

50 odd years later I’ve mellowed considerably, but I felt like I’d got some sort of personal revenge when my other City hammered them 6-0 in the FA Cup Final a few years ago.

I might give this a read, so thanks for the heads up.
similar feelings tbf Norfolk, it still rankles with me in terms of what could have been if we showed a little more ambition. I doubt I’ll read it, purely because I have no affiliation with Watford bar queuing on the M25 junction 19 give or take a junction, when living down there.