Gordon | Vital Football

Gordon

McCreery

Vital 1st Team Regular
It's been touched on a bit already on here (and forgetting about his misdemeanor the other week) he seems to be getting very harshly judged by a fair few across the various social media channels

I thought he had a good game yesterday and most of our attacking play came through him

He was giving their LB the runaround and made some really good runs for the through balls through the middle

Aye he missed a chance that he should have finished but who hasn't - it's only a few short weeks ago that Big Joe, Willock, Longstaff and Wilson to a lesser extent couldn't hit a barn door

He created a good chance which Bruno smashed wide, as well as getting back and getting stuck in in defence

He's a grafter with a good attitude on the pitch and looks keen to correct his own mistakes

Yesterday's first half problems weren't down to him but I'm seeing player ratings of 4 or 5 for him

He looks a bit scared to me, he doesn't look like he's playing naturally. This has been a massive move for him and it will take time for him to settle in - having said that he's still made a more than decent start in my opinion

Yeah I’d agree with that.
No secret I wasn’t in favour of his signing and was worried whether (a) good enough but mainly (b) wouldn’t fit in and upset the dressing room apple cart.
Could be trying too hard and will defo reserve judgment until after he’s had a full pre-season and been Eddie-fied.

I thought he had a good 30 minutes, then Eddie decided to switch wings and put him on the right, it was down to Eddies team selection that first half, just unfortunate with the finishing, if any of the chances Mac mentioned had gone in, I think we would have seen the same team in the second half..

I thought he had a good 30 minutes, then Eddie decided to switch wings and put him on the right, it was down to Eddies team selection that first half, just unfortunate with the finishing, if any of the chances Mac mentioned had gone in, I think we would have seen the same team in the second half..

Aye mate - not sure what that change was about to be honest. Difficult to pinpoint why the first half was so not like us but to me it seemed we weren't committing enough blokes into the box

I think Isak could have pulled out left a bit to help Gordon out but we looked very toothless for the amount of chances created

Last edited:
Gordon right now looks to me like Almiron did when he first came. Trying too hard and desperately needs a goal to settle him. Mind for me Isak is head and shoulders above anyone else (in the league even maybe) on the left of the front 3. That would be the first name on the teamsheet for me.

Gordon right now looks to me like Almiron did when he first came. Trying too hard and desperately needs a goal to settle him. Mind for me Isak is head and shoulders above anyone else (in the league even maybe) on the left of the front 3. That would be the first name on the teamsheet for me.

It's a tricky one like - in a way it seems to be working perfectly having the options with Wilson and Isak

It can be either or, or both together

I do think that interchanging them is possibly extending Wilsons season

I'd love to see them both start together regularly if we had a decent backup striker on the bench

The great majority of fans and pundits thought Joelinton was shite.

Gordon, like Joe, has all the attributes to be an extremely good footballer.

Furthermore he has Eddie Howe and a very professional and motivated team of coaches behind him.

Some people never learn.

Kids a grafter. I think Eddie's got his work cut out with this one, be it behaviour and just improving his all round game. Has bags of pace but so did Obertan. Maybe needs to be a bit more humble and not think he's "already made it". Reckon his behaviour forcing the move from his so called boyhood club spoke volumes and doesn't seem a bit remorseful. That doesn't sit right with me. Saying all that I still hope he does well but I think we've definitely over paid for what we've got.

I have a feeling he will become another Terry Mac, lots of energy, can spot a pass, he just needs time to settle ..