Good win | Vital Football

Good win

Naismith looked a handful! Usual suspects played well. Happy with the win now a quick turnaround. Bristol City got hammered by West Brom tonight. Excited to see the team sheet on Friday!

Good 3 points...I do believe there's something to look at playing Sam Evans and Gibson in the same starting 11 with Powell up top especially away from home. It's another option and it adds a bit more muscle in the middle.

Unlucky to concede with ball bouncing nicely for them. Kipre looked a bit shaky. Powell (motm) was class again even though he was continuously wrestled to the ground.
A good game from Reece James.not a classic but 3pts will take that. Roll on Friday and I think another home win on the cards.
Ref was a bit of a knob.

Wonder goal by Sam. Lee Evans played well, Powell class, Will looked tired but still worked his socks off, Windass did little else but score, Cracker made a big difference,James looked classy, Robinson looked a little more cautious, Dunks was ok, Kipre was a liability at times. Gibson did help us take control of midfield, Naismith wasnt on long enough or do enough to pass much comment. Where was Macca??
Could have quite easilly been 5-1 to us. Their keeper was their MOTM.

Kipre had a shaky first half but second half headed ball after ball in a much improved half! Thought Naismith with his one probing run and pass to Jacobs did more than Windass did all match! James and Powell were the two best players on the pitch by a mile!!

The joys of football .... Sam Morsy bouncing back from Saturday and showing that he can score in front of goal (rather than passing sideways/out wide ) ... and what a decent goal it was too.

Crikey that 2nd half was dull though.

Another excellent win grinded out against a potential 'relegation rival' - of course hopefully we won't even need to look that far down the table but you never know!

Really happy to see Windass and Morsy on the scoresheet, with both answering their fair share of criticism in perfect fashion. Perhaps not as clinical as we could've been, but that's not the worst problem to have especially when you're winning games regardless.

Kipre and Dunkley may have been caught out on a couple of occasions, but on the whole they defended superbly considering they're still learning on the job at this level. In Kipre's case, I think we're forgetting he's still only 21 with only one professional season behind him so far.

I was also really pleased with the impact of our substitutes tonight - Gibson was excellent again and didn't look rusty in the slightest. Kal Naismith meanwhile looked every bit a Championship player throughout his cameo, didn't take long to acclimatise at all considering he's barely played. Will hopefully be of great value as a relief player if and when he's played in his true position.

Up the tics!

3 points are 3 points. Very happy with those.

In regards the actual game - I thought they started off more threatening, particularly with our ex forward. Our goal came out of the blue but was an excellent strike by the skipper, he seemed to enjoy that following the unjust criticism he received from the weekend. If the first wasn't overly deserved but the second certainly was.

We should have killled the game but it was a really poor poor goal to concede and changed the match completely. Go in two up at half time I think we'd have scored another couple in the second half. As it was they had two good opportunities, although in fairness their keeper kept them in it. It was a good substitution to bring on Gibson, if he can stay fit then my scepticism over his signing will be wrong.

Overall we deserved the victory, though it wasn't a perfect display. We seem to have a real problem with finding someone to play on the right. Despite his goal and making a good tactical foul I thought Windass was pretty poor out there. Connolly isn't much better and mcmanaman can't even make the bench let alone the pitch. Kipre looked shakey at times first half and dunkley bailed him out st times. Naismith looked like bambi on ice and barely touched it in fifteen minutes, though played a decent ball to Jacobs in his only contribution. Can't see what he'll bring however. Vaughan didn't look composed in his cameo either. On the flip side James against had a good game again and is rightfully keeping out Byrne and Jacobs provided that attacking intent we've missed. Powell was excellent once again. Rest up and go again Friday.

Kipre had a shaky first half but second half headed ball after ball in a much improved half! Thought Naismith with his one probing run and pass to Jacobs did more than Windass did all match! James and Powell were the two best players on the pitch by a mile!!
god we think the same thats a rare thing

I agree with the comments about Windass.....I’m finding it difficult to work out what his role is

Having just seen the highlights there's no doubt we got the benefit today of some poor officiating, they should definitely have had a penalty in the second half for the foul on Martin. Speaking of which that lad has lost some timber.

3 points are 3 points. Very happy with those.

In regards the actual game - I thought they started off more threatening, particularly with our ex forward. Our goal came out of the blue but was an excellent strike by the skipper, he seemed to enjoy that following the unjust criticism he received from the weekend. If the first wasn't overly deserved but the second certainly was.

We should have killled the game but it was a really poor poor goal to concede and changed the match completely. Go in two up at half time I think we'd have scored another couple in the second half. As it was they had two good opportunities, although in fairness their keeper kept them in it. It was a good substitution to bring on Gibson, if he can stay fit then my scepticism over his signing will be wrong.

Overall we deserved the victory, though it wasn't a perfect display. We seem to have a real problem with finding someone to play on the right. Despite his goal and making a good tactical foul I thought Windass was pretty poor out there. Connolly isn't much better and mcmanaman can't even make the bench let alone the pitch. Kipre looked shakey at times first half and dunkley bailed him out st times. Naismith looked like bambi on ice and barely touched it in fifteen minutes, though played a decent ball to Jacobs in his only contribution. Can't see what he'll bring however. Vaughan didn't look composed in his cameo either. On the flip side James against had a good game again and is rightfully keeping out Byrne and Jacobs provided that attacking intent we've missed. Powell was excellent once again. Rest up and go again Friday.

What MIW said abs spot on
Also 2 years ago we would have drawn or lost that game - well done Cookie

Windass will be our #1 striker before the season is out. His pace and power is just what we need up top. So many balls going across the box that need to be put away. In his interview Windass says he wasn’t happy it’s taken him three games to get on the scoresheet. We’ll have to see how he get’s on but he certainly speaks like someone who thinks he should be delivering at this level rather than making excuses.