Good News | Page 2 | Vital Football

Good News

Good post KDZ but surely IEC have had long enough time to get their feet under the table bearing in mind that they could have / should have been looking into how things are going, what needs done & a plan with how they are going to do things, not just wait n see how things pan out. Communication, information & a bit of interaction with fans would be a good start...along with a few gutsy performances from the players to get the fans back on side....not a lot to ask is it????

I think IEC are in a really difficult position at the moment to be honest as discussed in another thread they know their first big decision is to back or sack the manager and the consequences of that are huge on the pitch and set the tone for the relationship with the fan base moving forward off it.

At the moment I don't think the overall fan base is quite ready to sack Cook (its very close to turning but i dont think that the majority want him gone yet) which makes their position tricky. I think from IECs perspective they are very concerned if they move now and upset the fan base it's a terrible first impression and after seeing how other owners end up at odds with fans after a take over they are desperate to avoid that.

There is no way they aren't considering changing the manager and I suspect if we get thumped by Villa, the performance is bad and the fans really turn during the game they will act. So they can't publicly back him knowing he's on the brink, they would be daft to back him then sack him a week later and they can't say he's on the brink without undermining him. So they can't really say anything at this point.

I think they are going to have to effectively put their neck out and make a bold decision soon though as trying to be patient and hold off making a tough call for fear or making a mistake could end up becoming a mistake in itself. I'd give them the benefit for a little longer but not much longer - time to show strong leadership has to come fast.

Has ANYBODY got ANY good news about our club. I keep going on the message boards trying to find just a snippet of information to lift the gloom but I’m finding if very difficult at present.

There was a lovely looking young lady sat next to me at the DW last week

I think IEC are in a really difficult position at the moment to be honest as discussed in another thread they know their first big decision is to back or sack the manager and the consequences of that are huge on the pitch and set the tone for the relationship with the fan base moving forward off it.

At the moment I don't think the overall fan base is quite ready to sack Cook (its very close to turning but i dont think that the majority want him gone yet) which makes their position tricky. I think from IECs perspective they are very concerned if they move now and upset the fan base it's a terrible first impression and after seeing how other owners end up at odds with fans after a take over they are desperate to avoid that.

There is no way they aren't considering changing the manager and I suspect if we get thumped by Villa, the performance is bad and the fans really turn during the game they will act. So they can't publicly back him knowing he's on the brink, they would be daft to back him then sack him a week later and they can't say he's on the brink without undermining him. So they can't really say anything at this point.

I think they are going to have to effectively put their neck out and make a bold decision soon though as trying to be patient and hold off making a tough call for fear or making a mistake could end up becoming a mistake in itself. I'd give them the benefit for a little longer but not much longer - time to show strong leadership has to come fast.

I don't just mean information about wether they back or sack him....they've been looking over our club for the best part of a year or more. If it's their 1st venture into football then I'd have thought they'd have researched the good / bad things to do, the good / bad communication policies, what other investment companies have done & be at least ready with some form of communication or even a press release about how they see the future ( not necessarily PC position btw).

I don't just mean information about wether they back or sack him....they've been looking over our club for the best part of a year or more. If it's their 1st venture into football then I'd have thought they'd have researched the good / bad things to do, the good / bad communication policies, what other investment companies have done & be at least ready with some form of communication or even a press release about how they see the future ( not necessarily PC position btw).

A few people have said similar but specifically what do you think they haven't done which they should have so far?

I'm not against them doing more communicating I just dont know what type of info they should be giving to make everyone happy.

With the exception of Sharpes twitter is there that much less info being distributed?

A few people have said similar but specifically what do you think they haven't done which they should have so far?

I'm not against them doing more communicating I just dont know what type of info they should be giving to make everyone happy.

With the exception of Sharpes twitter is there that much less info being distributed?

Probably fair enough...if I knew what they should say then I'd be a paid pr advisor. Not wanting to know the ins n outs but maybe they / he could say something along the lines of

' Dear Fans, it's my pleasure to become the proud owner of this club, I may not know about the clubs history , the proud achievements it has made, the amount of feeling & passion the supporters have for this club but i will make it my business to make you feel proud of what I will make this club achieve in the future, together we will make this club a top flight club again & I will try to improve on Mr Whelans statement when he first started out by takeing this club to a European final, thanking you for your continued support and we all WILL make a success of this' ...........
And that's me without a drop of alcohol!!!!

Probably fair enough...if I knew what they should say then I'd be a paid pr advisor. Not wanting to know the ins n outs but maybe they / he could say something along the lines of

' Dear Fans, it's my pleasure to become the proud owner of this club, I may not know about the clubs history , the proud achievements it has made, the amount of feeling & passion the supporters have for this club but i will make it my business to make you feel proud of what I will make this club achieve in the future, together we will make this club a top flight club again & I will try to improve on Mr Whelans statement when he first started out by takeing this club to a European final, thanking you for your continued support and we all WILL make a success of this' ...........
And that's me without a drop of alcohol!!!!

I think they have done that. After the deal was done there was a video put up by the official site and youtube channel with Zhang saying something along those lines. He also did an interview Latics official podcast.

Darren Royle and Jonathan Jackson both went on the fan podcast and I think Royle also did the official podcast.

All of those were promoted by the clubs Twitter at least if not all social media.

Has ANYBODY got ANY good news about our club. I keep going on the message boards trying to find just a snippet of information to lift the gloom but I’m finding if very difficult at present.

The traffic and ad revenue from this website increases dramatically when we are playing shyte which is good news for the parent company IEC Media Holdings Ltd.....

I go to every home game, am a season ticket holder and have attended home games for over 40 years! I don’t understand the comment!
Sorry Charlz - don't mean to insult you. Its just the questions you asked that made me wonder. Fair dues to you. Try writing to the Club and see where you get.