Good Morning Thread | Page 906 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Can’t stand the bloke , nothing is ever down to him , and everything about him is fake and people believe him .

Dangerous .

The problem is some people believe him and not the career politicians. There is a great interview between Steve Paikin and Bob Woodward where Woodward goes through his 9 months of access to Trump during his presidency in detail.

Woodward wasn't kind at all but there are some interesting insights into Trump's shortcomings. I am sure you are aware but Woodward was one of the reporters that broke the Watergate story.

Talking of BP......mine tends to hover between 135/70 & 145/70....with my pulse being around 62.
My doc has talked about statins but I kind of think that whilst not ideal, it's not too high. Especially as years ago the guide was pretty much your age plus 100 for your Systolic. Anyone with a BP around mine taking stations? and what's your thoughts on his it's going!
Statins are more for high cholesterol than BP. I take 5mg of Lisinopril and 5mg of Amlodopine which seems to keep mine about 130/90.

On the basis that being informed allows you to be prepared, if you are into politics or are afraid of Trump becoming president, which looks likely, this is worth a listen. A good insight into his presidency last time.

This is well worth the investment of your time.

Hi PY glad you're keeping OK, as with many things I suppose it take time for stuff to settle,. But with that said always err on the side of caution.
Walt Great news re your missus, what they said to me with the bowel cancer is that 3 years is a 'big hurdle' and a good indicator of it 'not' spreading, good news chum, tho' they use 5 years as the 'all clear' standard.
I take statains, much like PY, I was a porridge eating non drinking or smoking person for many years, however my cholesterol was 5.6 and diet wouldn't bring it down.
I do drink a bit now, and after bowel cancer I can't tolerate Porridge now, even years later, Goes through me like a flock of pigeons
I'll leave you with that thought I'll leave you
Apologies.

Morning all how's it hanging? I ask again lol!

Wevver round ere is a bit of this and that, breezy additional.

Meds taking, well me its....
Baby Aspirin 1 in the morning
Rampril 5mg 2 a day, think this is wrong, was always 1 a day
A couple of others 1 a day, forget bloody names.
Resuvostatin 1 nightly 5mg,

I have water retention problem round the legs, no pain but just a type of swelling round the ankles but they are sore if touched, maybe I need water meds or what ever they are.

That's my lot, but trying to get a Docs appointment is like bloody blood out of a stone, my surgery is total shite/crap esp wiv the ex-Berlin Wall guards, maybe we should put them on the coast, nobody would get in lol! make what you will of it.

Have a good day folks, well best as can be achieved lol!

Morning all how's it hanging? I ask again lol!

Wevver round ere is a bit of this and that, breezy additional.

Meds taking, well me its....
Baby Aspirin 1 in the morning
Rampril 5mg 2 a day, think this is wrong, was always 1 a day
A couple of others 1 a day, forget bloody names.
Resuvostatin 1 nightly 5mg,

I have water retention problem round the legs, no pain but just a type of swelling round the ankles but they are sore if touched, maybe I need water meds or what ever they are.

That's my lot, but trying to get a Docs appointment is like bloody blood out of a stone, my surgery is total shite/crap esp wiv the ex-Berlin Wall guards, maybe we should put them on the coast, nobody would get in lol! make what you will of it.

Have a good day folks, well best as can be achieved lol!
The swelling around the ankles is probably being caused by one of the meds, my GP told me that one of the BP meds might do this and to let them know if it was an issue.

The swelling around the ankles is probably being caused by one of the meds, my GP told me that one of the BP meds might do this and to let them know if it was an issue.
Friday .... have you got a bottle of the red stuff ready? Not a bad way to start the weekend although I prefer something white and dry. Red wine gives me a headache. Tonight it will be coffee, a movie and finish a book. How exciting is that? lol

Glad you are still keeping well Pompey, keep taking the pills!!
That's great news about your wife Walt, must be a huge relief all round.
Talking of pills, I take 5 in the morning, 1 early evening and a statin at bedtime. I have one of those BP machines that I use from time to time and according to the time of day ranges from 125 -145 over 70 - 75. Thanks to my Pacemaker pulse rate stays pretty well constant at 60bpm.

Morning all,
Hi Pomp, glad you're on the mend.
Yup Geof, much like you I'm more a fan of white wine, more refreshing, tho' I'll drink a nice red tooo🍷😉.
We'll thats the cooking sorted for the weekend, Take away tonite Fish and chips, and I've just done my famous Lamb Jalfrezi, currently in the slow cooker for 'amarra nites' dinner.
Out now to mend the vacuum cleaner and clean the car, a bit windy, but certainly warmer, putting the plants out for an hour or so to hardy them up a bit.
Up to the 'Out laws tomorrow, for more interesting stories about' welding', Arrrrggghhhh.
Have a good one stay safe..

Friday .... have you got a bottle of the red stuff ready? Not a bad way to start the weekend although I prefer something white and dry. Red wine gives me a headache. Tonight it will be coffee, a movie and finish a book. How exciting is that? lol
I certainly have Geof, current favourite is Californian Zinfandel, mind I'll need one tonight after having to deal with the brats next door who are on half term and getting into mischief again. Another neighbour is away and they were scooping up the decorative gravel from their garden and tipping it down the road surface water drain which isn't a great idea considering we had double our normal rainfall in March.

I certainly have Geof, current favourite is Californian Zinfandel, mind I'll need one tonight after having to deal with the brats next door who are on half term and getting into mischief again. Another neighbour is away and they were scooping up the decorative gravel from their garden and tipping it down the road surface water drain which isn't a great idea considering we had double our normal rainfall in March.

There is a Pinot Noir called Head High out of Sonoma which is well priced if you can find it. It's a bit heavier so it's more palatable to a wider range of people.

With the price inflation and increases to duty on higher ABV wines many of the nicer Pinot Noir's are a bit too rich for my pension income now sadly.

I guess french wine would be best for y'all. That bottle is C$25 here which is 14.56 Sterling. Plus I guess, the shipping.

What do you normally pay for wine? I like inexpensive as well.

I guess french wine would be best for y'all. That bottle is C$25 here which is 14.56 Sterling. Plus I guess, the shipping.

What do you normally pay for wine? I like inexpensive as well.
We can buy supermarket wines for as low as £4'ish but I don't go that low, what I look out for is those on offer so might pick up a £12 bottle for £8 for example. My local regularly has weekends where they offer 25% off 6 bottles or more with minimum normal price of £6/bottle to qualify. Those on individual offer still count for the discount as long as the offer price is still £6 or more. This way a bottle say normally £16 but is on offer individually at £12 then qualifies for a further 25% off if part of 6 or more assorted bottles. As you can see this makes for a good deal with a £16 bottle costing only £9. As an average for every day drinking I guess I pay an average of about £8-£9.

I thought the trouble from the nieghbour's kids had settled. School holidays are not a good time when you've got anarchy living next door. Hope you get through their half-term unscathed.

I thought the trouble from the nieghbour's kids had settled. School holidays are not a good time when you've got anarchy living next door. Hope you get through their half-term unscathed.
It's been a bit better over the winter due to the short days and very wet weather we've been having which keeps them penned indoors! We moved to BST this past weekend so the longer days are here now.

We can buy supermarket wines for as low as £4'ish but I don't go that low, what I look out for is those on offer so might pick up a £12 bottle for £8 for example. My local regularly has weekends where they offer 25% off 6 bottles or more with minimum normal price of £6/bottle to qualify. Those on individual offer still count for the discount as long as the offer price is still £6 or more. This way a bottle say normally £16 but is on offer individually at £12 then qualifies for a further 25% off if part of 6 or more assorted bottles. As you can see this makes for a good deal with a £16 bottle costing only £9. As an average for every day drinking I guess I pay an average of about £8-£9.

This is why our alcohol costs so much:

61.5% tax rate on liquor sales and 38 cent flat-rate markup on liquor sales (per litre)