Good Morning Thread | Page 371 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Departed Liverpool yesterday to the strains of Beatle songs and of course Ferry Cross The Mersey. Nice easy crossing to Belfast, saw an oil rig on the way belching a massive flame, presumably burning off excess oil.

Still haven't got off the ship yet, the wife has just gone off to the spa leaving me to my own devices ie; drinking. I must admit COVID wise the ship has done very well to keep passengers safe. I wasn't keen on going at first but for £30 extra a day we get the Premium Drinks Package, all tips paid for, and free WiFi (which to my surprise is as fast as land based Internet), and then they chucked in free parking at Southampton and $100 each on board spend.

Glad you enjoyed the BBQ Walt, sounds as if you had a great time, sensible thinking about the fire pit, I remember a couple or so years ago my wife won a bottle of whisky in a raffle, we had a fire pit that night and sampled a few too many of the whisky, my wife left me in my cherubim state sound asleep in the garden until 4o'clock in the morning..

Yes shame about Alan Lancaster, Pompey, always a good band to get the crowd going.

Hope your wife is getting better US, must have been very worrying at the time.

Until the next time, although I'm a bit concerned that all I see of the ship's name is TITA, hopefully there are no icebergs in the Irish Sea or English Channel.

Departed Liverpool yesterday to the strains of Beatle songs and of course Ferry Cross The Mersey. Nice easy crossing to Belfast, saw an oil rig on the way belching a massive flame, presumably burning off excess oil.

Still haven't got off the ship yet, the wife has just gone off to the spa leaving me to my own devices ie; drinking. I must admit COVID wise the ship has done very well to keep passengers safe. I wasn't keen on going at first but for £30 extra a day we get the Premium Drinks Package, all tips paid for, and free WiFi (which to my surprise is as fast as land based Internet), and then they chucked in free parking at Southampton and $100 each on board spend.

Glad you enjoyed the BBQ Walt, sounds as if you had a great time, sensible thinking about the fire pit, I remember a couple or so years ago my wife won a bottle of whisky in a raffle, we had a fire pit that night and sampled a few too many of the whisky, my wife left me in my cherubim state sound asleep in the garden until 4o'clock in the morning..

Yes shame about Alan Lancaster, Pompey, always a good band to get the crowd going.

Until the next time, although I'm a bit concerned that all I see of the ship's name is TITA, hopefully there are no icebergs in the Irish Sea or English Channel.

Thanks buddy! Sounds like you are having a grand time. Have a drink of the good stuff for me!

Jesus USA what a night for you and the missus, thankfully nothing to serious, all the same a worry, wish her mine in Mrs PY's best, and hope she gets well soon.

lijaboc you old Jack Tar you, asailing the high sea's lol! on a ship called the Tita, haha got you thinking eh, have drop of the dark stuff, rum! and be shouting Aye Aye me Hearties! you n the missus have a great time.

Jesus USA what a night for you and the missus, thankfully nothing to serious, all the same a worry, wish her mine in Mrs PY's best, and hope she gets well soon.

lijaboc you old Jack Tar you, asailing the high sea's lol! on a ship called the Tita, haha got you thinking eh, have drop of the dark stuff, rum! and be shouting Aye Aye me Hearties! you n the missus have a great time.

Thanks Pompey, yeah she is doing a bit better this morning...not out of the woods yet. (but at least better)

LOL, loved your comments on Lijaboc....hahaha

Thanks Pompey, yeah she is doing a bit better this morning...not out of the woods yet. (but at least better)

LOL, loved your comments on Lijaboc....hahaha
Haha USA the remarks to ljaboc, was me bringing back memories of my High Seas jaunts, whilst in Service for my country, good and bad times, going to or coming from, when the Tot of Rum was allotted and of course the "illegal" Tots of the Dark stuff, always! no matter your frame of mind made you feel a whole lot better, LOL!

That is why I love "Pusser's Rum" 57% proof!, Mrs PY hates even the smell of it, excellent more for moir!

All the best again to Mrs USAF.

Good morning all , bit overcast this morning . We are off for a bbq today , , just off for a paper , up to mother in laws , back for around noon , then get ready to go out . It’s all go . Not our normal Saturday at all .
Thanks for the album covers Greavsie, it’s such a difficult choice but it shouldn’t be really , we can just change them every week if we like .
Any way , hope you all have a good day , take care , look after each other.

Hoping you enjoyed the BBQ Walt.

Tell me you threw away that card and bought a nice one!

For all who maybe interested, just heard the one of the original Status Quo band, Alan Lancaster has just passed away, followed/loved em in the day, ditto today.

RIP Alan.

So very sad.

One of my first albums was Status Quo. Can't remember the name....Rocking All Over The World, Dirty Water, etc.

R.I P. Alan. Far too young to leave us.

Attachments

• Quo.jpg
    Quo.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 0

lijaboc...that sounds like a nice way to spend some time...how long does the cruise take?
The drinks package sounds an absolute bargain! I'd be smashing that!

Good to see cruises happening amidst Covid. We can't even drive 35 miles over our state border to see the wifes parents. people from Queensland can't get home from New South Wales and have been stuck there for over 3 months!

Take care buddy. Enjoy your freedom.

Grey miserable and wet ...and thats not just the weather...

Our performance against le arse
Our performance in the Ryder Cup
Apparent petrol shortages
Not enough Turkeys (The country starving at Christmas)
Toilet rolls under threat from exstinction
Strickly come Dancing feckin back on our TV

..........all combined to make it a shitty start to the week.

Not all doom and gloom.....

Much quieter as less traffic on the roads (heh!)
I am still breathing,
I still got my sense of humour (yeah I know most will say thats a matter of opinion ha ha)
I had a dream......I can still look forward to Spurs eventually doing the business ...despite years and years of Fcukups!
M25 being brought to a standstill and it aint a traffic accident or volume of traffic causing it!
Bruno missing that last minute penalty against Villa
Brentfords performance against the Bin Dippers
Building work on a house across the road has finally finished so no more trucks and deliveries!
Our personal Sun tan lotion supplies are in superb nick ready for a summer next year.
Grass is looking greener (rain at last!)
Tomorrow the repairers are bringing back our 'BIG TV' (under warranty) so we dont have to squint at the small one from the study! Spurs looked shite IN MINATURE v le arse despite a BIG cockup performance.

Well Moscow things to do,,,,smile and keep safe :grinning:

I am still breathing,
I still got my sense of humour (yeah I know most will say thats a matter of opinion ha ha)
I had a dream......I can still look forward to Spurs eventually doing the business ...despite years and years of Fcukups!
M25 being brought to a standstill and it aint a traffic accident or volume of traffic causing it!
Building work on a house across the road has finally finished so no more trucks and deliveries!
Our personal Sun tan lotion supplies are in superb nick ready for a summer next year.
Tomorrow the repairers are bringing back our 'BIG TV' (under warranty) so we dont have to squint at the small one from the study! Spurs looked shite IN MINATURE v le arse despite a BIG cockup performance.

Greavsie, good morning, you have obviously got your fun hat on, that post was a good Red and a well written summary, only thing you missed was the crap AJ displayed at our fantastic ground on Saturday night, oh and our inept playing of Golf in the USA. lol!

Hello all from a not so bright but very breezy Scotland, last port of call before 2 days of cruising back to Southampton.

Hod, it's a 7 day cruise around the British Isles, I think the cruise lines are using these short trips to get back into the routine, must admit I feel safer on here than on the streets COVID wise. I really feel for you folk down under with the lockdown, it sounds like a very strict set of rules.

Hope your wife is still improving and not in too much discomfort.

Pompey, I just wonder if there is some sort of gypsy curse on the stadium, our form since we moved there and now AJ.

lijaboc glad your enjoying your time of "life on the ocean wave" calm weather mate, no high winds and bastard breakers smashing into the hull, thus! no where are the heads!, naval talk for bogs, as me guts are a churning, lol!

I don't know if its a Gypsy curse, but it is some sort of curse "I swear it is" lol!

How's this for a morning class registration....
Ahmed Al Sheriah "here"
Mustafa Al Sheeriah "here"
Fatime El Bindiri "here"
Ali Acman Shabeed "here"
Ali Sun Al en "no answer"
Ali Sun Al en

Little girl at the back stands up and yells......"its pronounced Alison Allen for fcuks sake!"

Ok! I will get my coat, cheers all!

Hi guys. Been a rubbish few days for me (not made any easier by Spurs). I think I mentioned a little while ago some good and bad news I was going through. One of them was my mum had breast cancer. She had her second bout of chemo early last week and thankfully had a couple of much better days following. Unfortunately she then developed issues and was taken to hospital early Friday. I got a call saying she had a heart attack and passed away.

I am gutted tbh and trying to get my head sorted. It’s been a bit of a blur but 8hours driving and Trying to keep my old man going (he is about two steps behind mum) and I’m a little tired.

Hi guys. Been a rubbish few days for me (not made any easier by Spurs). I think I mentioned a little while ago some good and bad news I was going through. One of them was my mum had breast cancer. She had her second bout of chemo early last week and thankfully had a couple of much better days following. Unfortunately she then developed issues and was taken to hospital early Friday. I got a call saying she had a heart attack and passed away.

I am gutted tbh and trying to get my head sorted. It’s been a bit of a blur but 8hours driving and Trying to keep my old man going (he is about two steps behind mum) and I’m a little tired.

So sorry mate. Our thoughts are with you and the family.

Sincere condolences Hobo...keep strong if you can!

I am still breathing,

So sorry to hear that Strictly Come Dancing is back on TV Greavsie. My sincere condolences mate.

Oh my Lord LH. I'm so so very sorry to hear about your Mother. I can only imagine what you're going through my friend.
She's no longer suffering in pain, and now embarking on a new chapter as an Angel.
Look after your Dad and your good self. Concentrate on things you can influence in a positive manner LH.

Take care Hobo. You're in my thoughts and prayers.