Good morning ladies, Gentlemen, boys and girls. | Vital Football

Good morning ladies, Gentlemen, boys and girls.

I agree Eastville, he shouldn’t have to apologise at all, this is utter madness. I’m all for routing out the “isms/ phobias where they exist but why look for it when it isn’t there. The problem is that companies are frightened to death of incurring the wrath of the professionally offended types and associated bad press so apologise after the first hint of criticism Things like this hinder not help with inclusivity

Agree with both of you. It’s no slight on the LGBQT+ community, just a polite greeting - stories like this cause negative feelings (which I’m sure is exactly what the media love).

If we got rid of the scum media, this world would be a much better place.

Agree with both of you. It’s no slight on the LGBQT+ community, just a polite greeting - stories like this cause negative feelings (which I’m sure is exactly what the media love).

If we got rid of the scum media, this world would be a much better place.
Keep up! Supporters of the complainant referred to "lgbtqa+".

In my humble opinion, the union rep is a fucking idiot, who should get a grip on life. Perhaps the guy should read out a passenger list by name to make sure all are greeted in an acceptable manner? Ridiculous.
I think I'm a reasonably nice and decent person and have nothing against anyone. However, this kind of thing makes my blood boil. I've said before, it makes me glad I wont be on the planet when this type of person finally take over. To be clear, by "this type of person" I don't mean whatever they identify as, i mean overly sensitive and precious idiot.

Perhaps as our ground sponsors, we should let LNER know what we think of their PC bullsh1t??!!

It is important we recognise minorities, and don't discriminate, but it pisses me off when people jump on the bandwagon and make a big issue about causing offence when none was intended - like here. A quiet word with the guard or with the train company - poss through his union - would have resolved issues.

In the 80s and 90s, I remember the left (and some on the right) fighting against labelling, ghettoising and discrimination from the perspective that we're all human and share far more in common than we have differences. The aim was for everyone - whatever it actually means - to be "equal" with respect to one another.

Identity politics, in the last decade or so, seems to have moved away from that with an extreme individualist interpretation that I'm not that comfortable with.

It's not a debate I generally get involved with as it is extremely toxic, especially on the internet.

Last edited:
As with the Love DC appearance before the MP's yesterday this too is another example of the worst of this country - WTF is going on.

Where are the normal decent people with common sense and logic?

it seems to be there is an army of extreme left and extreme right that wish to impose their views on the middle majority. If they are not trying to feather their own nest at the publics expense they are ramming some righteous shit down your throat.

I have had enough!

Yikes, I’ll be forced to make an apology soon.

Could this be the only thread in vital history to unite everybody in the same opinion? Over to @hulloutpost - if you and @NottyImp the world might end.
It's just rather silly, and probably best treated as such. The main thing is that the member of staff wasn't sanctioned for simply being polite and doing what he/she quite rightly thought, was their job in a friendly, professional manner. I hope he/she is simply able to shake their head, laugh at the individual making the complaint and carry on without a backward glance.

The individual making the complaint would appear to be a particularly sad, attention seeking no mark, who must lead a truly pathetic life. I would say he is more deserving of our pity than ire. He is certainly not worth getting angry or on the soap box about as his complete insignificance has to be taken into perspective.

Last edited: