GOING TO BARROW | Vital Football

GOING TO BARROW

BERT002

Vital Newbie
If you are going to Barrow, have a look at the colour of the grass within the actual goals. If the grass looks greener at one end than at the other then that will probably be the goal where Barrow scored their seventh goal while John Simpson was being sick in the goal.

If you are going to Barrow, have a look at the colour of the grass within the actual goals. If the grass looks greener at one end than at the other then that will probably be the goal where Barrow scored their seventh goal while John Simpson was being sick in the goal.
I'm no expert on Barrow but I suspect the pitch may have been re-laid since Simpson last played for us in 1972.

I`m going, along with someone who has a very good sense of smell. I`ll ask them to have a shufti behind the goals but, more importantly, to take a long sniff.

I`m going, along with someone who has a very good sense of smell. I`ll ask them to have a shufti behind the goals but, more importantly, to take a long sniff.
I would be careful about sniffing anything in Barrow as apparently it is one of the worst places in the country for illegal substance use especially in white powder form. Enjoy.

TBF, Paul Scally has personally given out free tickets to those of us at Carlisle away games before.

Whilst i`ve done Carlisle away many times (from Kent) I won`t be travelling nearly so far tonight, so i`d feel a bit guilty about accepting a pint - maybe i`ll just have a half ;)🥃
I have also been in the cricketers when he brought a round for everyone at the bar many, many years ago.

Probably PDPS' idea.

Made me laugh though.

GREAT NEWS: (Herr hasn`t started thread yet so posting here...)

AFC Barrow set off for Kent yesterday afternoon - by train - using Avanti West Coast, yes Avanti ! .. hahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can`t confirm at the moment but, I believe they are still aboard, currently somewhere between Wolverhampton and Birmingham and hoping their train won`t be cancelled when it rolls into Watford ;)

GREAT NEWS: (Herr hasn`t started thread yet so posting here...)

AFC Barrow set off for Kent yesterday afternoon - by train - using Avanti West Coast, yes Avanti ! .. hahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can`t confirm at the moment but, I believe they are still aboard, currently somewhere between Wolverhampton and Birmingham and hoping their train won`t be cancelled when it rolls into Watford ;)

Funnily enough when I tried to make almost the exact journey they will be doing with Avanti (from Ulverston to Maidstone) the train got no further than Watford that time.

Can’t blame Avanti for the trackside fire on this occasion.