God Bless Jamie | Vital Football

God Bless Jamie

hindleymonwafc

Vital Champions League
Can I just be the 1st to publicly thank Jamie Jones for the help and assistance you have offered over the years. You were a good keeper but much much more importantly a beautiful human being with Latics very much in your heart. I will remember you as a true Tics legend so good luck mate in anything you do in the future.

God Bless Jamie

Can I just be the 1st to publicly thank Jamie Jones for the help and assistance you have offered over the years. You were a good keeper but much much more importantly a beautiful human being with Latics very much in your heart. I will remember you as a true Tics legend so good luck mate in anything you do in the future.

God Bless Jamie
Here's the Link:

Jamie Jones says it's 'with a heavy heart' he will part company with Wigan Athletic this summer after failing to secure a new deal.

God Bless Jamie
I couldn’t agree more Hindley. Disappointing that he doesn’t appear to have been offered the goalkeeping coach slot…..

Really surprised to see him go.

I was just looking at the official site and his profile was still on there after everyone else had been removed, in the 'team mates' videos the other players were talking about him as still being here and apparently he went on the preseason tour - so i get the impression even those within the club believed he would end up staying.

Maybe Jamie hasn't been able to agree terms or maybe the emergence of Tickle and Amos contract trigger arguably pushing him to 3rd choice played a factor.

Nixon has just reported Boro want to sign Jones, so manybe he was due to renew but got a better offer in the Championship.

But whatever the case he's been a great representative for the club over the years, so it's sad to see him go and you wish him the best.

He's had his ups and downs, but for me the 2 stand out moments where the save in the last minute away at Shrewsbury that gave us a priceless 3 points in the admin survival season and a double save at Birmingham away when we were down to 10 men. I thought last season was his best for us and he really should've been playing ahead of Amos for me. I think Jamie wrongly had blame put against him for Toure's complete incompetence to organise a defence that saw us concede 12 goals in 3 games and wrongly got dropped. If it wasn't for Jones pulling off so many good saves it would've been more like 15+ goals in 3 games.

Good bye and good luck JJ, wish you could have stayed.
You've been a great servant to our club on and off the pitch, you will get a great reception from us all whenever you come back I'm sure.