Goalkeeper Dilema | Vital Football

Goalkeeper Dilema

Toonster

Vital Youth Team
With Tim Krul out until the New Year. Rob Elliot also out, this leaves Jak Alnwick. I personnally think Jak is a far better keeper than Elliot but what is going to happen next year when the lad from Notts Forest arrives?
Does that mean that Tim is on his way. The new lad may expect to go straight into the side. However I would like to see Jak given a run in the side. I thought he was excellent yesterday. He's one of us He's one of us Jak Alnwick he's one of us.

Something has to give.

With the club's reputation as fattening up the lambs in order to conveyor belt them to market having taken hold, the obvious choice is Tim Krul but with him starting to get a little bit of an injury prone streak now, this is by no means certain.

Elliot has said previously that if he doesn't get regular games here then he'll be looking to go and I think he will in the Summer. Aside from those two,we're left with the 24 or 25 by then maybe, Karl Darlow, a 21 or 22 year old Alnwick and a teenage Freddy Woodman.

Would Darlow leave a club that could maybe have been challenging to get into the premier league to be 2nd or 3rd choice here? The answer is obvious. Krul with two years left on his contract probably being at his ripest for profit.

Krul's problem is that he picks up far too many injuries for a goalkeeper. His distribution is poor and his command of the penalty area isn't great. He's not the Dutch no 2/3 for nothing. A canny keeper but he hasn't blossomed like I thought he would. In Alnwick, Woodman and the Forest kid we can afford to get rid of him.

I don't think we can TC, seem to recall Pearce stating that was one of the reasons that he stayed at Forest when they were sold behind his back.

daftladguy - 8/12/2014 08:53

Can always get Beardsley to play in goal, remember West Ham away, I think it was????

He looked like a six year old in his dad's jersey!