Glenn Hoddle: Ex-England manager seriously ill in hospital | Vital Football

Glenn Hoddle: Ex-England manager seriously ill in hospital

Topspur1

Vital Football Legend
Ex-England and Tottenham manager Glenn Hoddle is seriously ill in hospital after appearing as a pundit for BT Sport on Saturday, his 61st birthday.

Presenter Mark Pougatch said football results show BT Score was cancelled as a result of Hoddle's condition.

The former Spurs midfielder earned 53 England caps and was considered to be one of the players of his generation.

BT presenter Jake Humphrey said Hoddle was "taken seriously ill at the BT Sport studio this morning".

He added on social media: "Every one of us is right with you, Glenn, sending love and strength."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46002170

My all time favourite Spurs player, get well soon Glen.

A truly world class footballer and a world class football brain. Loved him as a player wish him all the best im what sounds like a dire situation.

The only player I ever worshipped and the best Spurs player that I have ever seen. Off the scales technique and up there in the upper echelon with the best to have played the game. Get well Glenn.

I’m gutted and extremely saddened by this news.

I’m with you Richo. Only player I ever considered an idol. I owe so much to Glenn.

Praying for a quick recovery Glenn. C’mon son, pull through. Too young to go just yet.

The reason I am a Spurs Fan. Would be worth £150M in today's market.
Thankfully it seems he responding well to treatment although seriously ill. Get well Glenn

Come on Glen....fight your wy back mate. I was at the lane when he made his home debut as a sub......first touch I seem to recall was a controlled flick over an oppo player then a volley pass right to the feet of one of our players (if my memory serves me right) and all of us there knew we had seen the start of a magician in our colours

Been a tough weekend for football what with the Leicester helicopter crash and our own news about Glenn. Like a lot of others, I idolised him growing up in the eighties.....my favourite player of all time.

Here's hoping he can pull through this and get his life back on track.

A true great of world football. Incredible touch in both feet. Passing just sublime, seemed to like the pass on the turn and weighted chip over the top. Stunning goals from volleys and free kicks.

Like Greavesie , i was there for his first game .was also there at his last match when he scored a ridiculously skilful goal running from the halfway line , mesmerised the keeper into going the wrong way without touching the ball . Genius . Come on Glen