Give 'em a break | Page 2 | Vital Football

Give 'em a break

Ogilvy, Sir Angus Ogilvy to be precise -now there was a proper gent -Eton College, Trinity and a PPE back when a PPE meant something. Him and Tiny Rowland, "the unacceptable face of capitalism," E. Heath (note he said "face," no more, no less). Married to Princess Alexandra of Kent, wonderful woman -knew how to look a drunken student in the eye without faltering when she did her Chancellor thing. Had the IS and IMG eating out of her hand in no time. Did I ever tell you about the time I was her wine waiter at the Mermaid? Her and Lord Carrington, plus a few others all out to see Sir Bernard's latest offering. Lovely people.

Well, I've given 'em a break, back to Gills. I'd have to say it's early days yet.

Clearly a young player like Tucker would have benefitted from playing along an older steady player like Max but Max was not exempt from criticism when he supposedly "hoofed" his clearances.

Coming from Arsenal, Medley is more likely to be a ball playing defender, and also as inexperienced as Tucker, so the dynamic has changed and will take time to get used to.

I have not seen Maghoma yet so do not know whether he would be a better combination with young Jack, due to being more experienced.

A new left wing back.Would at least give Evans the opportunity to use Ogilvie at centre back.
Ogilvie is key to making our back line work this season.While left back is a important role the central positions are far more important. For me our best players if they are capable should be in the centre of the team especially when you have a such a inexperienced side in the next six weeks or so .