Gills vs Donnie | Page 3 | Vital Football

Gills vs Donnie

If we play like that every week I'd go more often. Thought we were excellent and dominated the game. Back Four were strong and Tucker looks good.

Thought Donny were awful and can't understand why they were still playing balls across their own 6 yard box when they were 3-0 down.

Referee was decent, although he missed a penalty in the first 5 minutes.

Can't you just complain that we should have won 10 - 0 like the other old gits on here. You have no right to enjoy yourself or be positive, especially as it's Evans' side. Apparently.

Before I get called a hypocrite I did recently say Lincoln were crap but also said we were good and deserved a bigger win.

Can't you just complain that we should have won 10 - 0 like the other old gits on here. You have no right to enjoy yourself or be positive, especially as it's Evans' side. Apparently.

Before I get called a hypocrite I did recently say Lincoln were crap but also said we were good and deserved a bigger win.
Well Hanlan missed two headers and fired one over when it looked easier to score. We should have been given a blatant penalty when Mandron was flattened in the first half. Also O'Connor flashed one round the post with the goal open. So 10-0 is ridiculous, we should have won 8-0!

That's how I want to see a Gills team play. High pressing and fast tempo with well taken goals.
Some will say Donnie were poor but we didn't give them chance to play. Fast closing down and slicker passing meant we made them look less than ordinary with Bonham not troubled all game.
Hope we are rewarded with a plum draw on Monday!

Obviously it could not be that we played well, the other team must be rubbish lol.
I agree with you we didn’t give them a chance to play. All 11 players played well and Mandron and Hanlan were excellent, improving all the time.

Best performance of the season.

What a fantastic result. And against a strong side in decent form.

I was really fearing that we’d lose this one 0-1 and basically end our seasons hopes. But now a half decent draw in R3 and the place might well be buzzing for the next month. And we have some big games during that period.

I’m also rapt that we seem to have played really well again. That’s one big difference to the last few seasons. We don’t appear to be having “lucky, get out of jail” wins. Our wins have been pretty dominant displays. We now have to start converting the unlucky defeats to draws and wins.

UTFG!

What a fantastic result. And against a strong side in decent form.

I was really fearing that we’d lose this one 0-1 and basically end our seasons hopes. But now a half decent draw in R3 and the place might well be buzzing for the next month. And we have some big games during that period.

I’m also rapt that we seem to have played really well again. That’s one big difference to the last few seasons. We don’t appear to be having “lucky, get out of jail” wins. Our wins have been pretty dominant displays. We now have to start converting the unlucky defeats to draws and wins.

UTFG!
Not sure about a team in decent form.Donny have only about 7 points out of the last 18 in the league.Three of those were against Southend.

Obviously it could not be that we played well, the other team must be rubbish lol.
I agree with you we didn’t give them a chance to play. All 11 players played well and Mandron and Hanlan were excellent, improving all the time.

Best performance of the season.

Team settled and gelling for Steve? Can we look forward to a steady upward climb with an outside chance of pushing for the play offs later in the season (Ssshhhh)?

The way it appears to me is that this side is to strong for struggling sides .But not good enough to challenge the leaders.The defence is clearly helping to improve results. Keeping clean sheets will always give teams a better chance of winning games.

The way it appears to me is that this side is to strong for struggling sides .But not good enough to challenge the leaders.The defence is clearly helping to improve results. Keeping clean sheets will always give teams a better chance of winning games.
We beat Wycombe 2-0!

We beat Wycombe 2-0!

And most on here thought we were unlucky to lose by the odd goal to Cov, Ipswich and P’boro in games we matched them pretty well.

This season does not seem to contain the very good sides of recent years like Luton, Wigan, Barnsley, Bristol City and Blackburn were.

The pity is that we have a fair bit of ground to make up on a lot of teams to even move into the top 10 or so.

Agreed, but if we get a decent striker in, we could possibly scrape into the play offs. But a decent cup run and a top half finish will do me. That will make for a good foundation for next season

I wasn`t at the game; did Willock get a touch following his late appearance ? Did he get the chance to make a pass or two ? Difficult to make an assessment on the basis of a cameo appearance but i`m asking anyway ??

I wasn`t at the game; did Willock get a touch following his late appearance ? Did he get the chance to make a pass or two ? Difficult to make an assessment on the basis of a cameo appearance but i`m asking anyway ??
I don't recollect him getting a touch. All three subs were made in injury time.