Gills Vital 2022/2023 Prediction League - Match 37: Mansfield Town Vs Gillingham | Vital Football

Gills Vital 2022/2023 Prediction League - Match 37: Mansfield Town Vs Gillingham

Hopefully Hawkins is fit, I bet Lapslie will be chomping at the bit to be included too.

Mansfield didnt look anything special here in Sept, and Lapslie was their best player , and scored, but of course didnt need to be as we were so poor then
With Masterson settling in and maybe Lapslie starting I see us winning a close one

Mansfield 1 Gills 2 (Masterson,Nichols)

We were absolutely awful against Mansfield at Priestfield but thankfully it's likely that only 4 of the 11 Gills that started that day will play next Saturday.

I thought Mansfield looked like the sort of L2 team that would succeed, very much in the style of our Pulis promotion team with big centre backs (including Oli Hawkins) and a battering ram centre forward (Akins).

I fear that NH will play 631 (leaving Tom out) but if Oli is fit I'd hope we can scrap out a draw.

1-1 (Akins and Hawkins)

COYG

I thought Mansfield looked like the sort of L2 team that would succeed, very much in the style of our Pulis promotion team with big centre backs (including Oli Hawkins) and a battering ram centre forward (Akins).

Yes, it is strange that despite the home defeat Mansfield have now conceded 6 more league goals than we have (and already 17 more than Pulis's team did in that whole promotion season).

They are good side but have a few injury issues so I will go for:
Mansfield 1 (Akins) Gillingham 1 (O'Brien)