Gills Vital 2021/2022 Prediction League - Match 1: Gillingham Vs Lincoln City | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gills Vital 2021/2022 Prediction League - Match 1: Gillingham Vs Lincoln City

I can see why we might hold back on signing additional players as other teams have but I can help thinking that Lincoln's squad of 27 players looks far more complete than ours at this moment. I have noticed that their results pre season haven't been great so perhaps both teams are yet to find their feet.
Gillingham are definitely still work in progress and could well be on Saturday so I definitely think Evans is likely to try to keep things tight in what on paper at least seems a difficult opener.
I would like to say I am optimistic but I am not unfortunately. I don't like doing predictions so I won't .But I would definitely be pleasantly surprised if we got anything from this game.

I can see why we might hold back on signing additional players as other teams have but I can help thinking that Lincoln's squad of 27 players looks far more complete than ours at this moment. I have noticed that their results pre season haven't been great so perhaps both teams are yet to find their feet.
Gillingham are definitely still work in progress and could well be on Saturday so I definitely think Evans is likely to try to keep things tight in what on paper at least seems a difficult opener.
I would like to say I am optimistic but I am not unfortunately. I don't like doing predictions so I won't .But I would definitely be pleasantly surprised if we got anything from this game.
I am downbeat with what I think is coming our way. It is not impossible that we start with just 11 + 4 on the bench Saturday (and one of them a keeper). I feel pretty sure there will not be any other clubs in the EFL so threadbare as us and to be honest, I am starting to worry whether we are going to manage keep going. I am also not sure what I would do with myself if things go tit-shaped.... Saturdays and (some) Tuesdays would never be the same and I am buggered if I'll support any other team..... maybe I'll just take up gardening and DIY, as my wife keeps suggesting.

I am downbeat with what I think is coming our way. It is not impossible that we start with just 11 + 4 on the bench Saturday (and one of them a keeper). I feel pretty sure there will not be any other clubs in the EFL so threadbare as us and to be honest, I am starting to worry whether we are going to manage keep going. I am also not sure what I would do with myself if things go tit-shaped.... Saturdays and (some) Tuesdays would never be the same and I am buggered if I'll support any other team..... maybe I'll just take up gardening and DIY, as my wife keeps suggesting.
Oh ffs mate.
Take a look at the team photo.
21 professional footballers.
That’s a starting 11 and 10 others to save you doing the maths.

Oh ffs mate.
Take a look at the team photo.
21 professional footballers.
That’s a starting 11 and 10 others to save you doing the maths.
it's ok, I can do pedantic as well..... Akinde is crocked, that's one of the 21, Woods has joined Dover, that's two, we have two goalkeepers and unless you're assuming that one of them will be out in the field, that's three, Maghoma will only ever play if there is a dire emergency, that's four. At this moment in time, it is not yet known whether Dempsey or McKenzie have recovered from their injuries - numbers 5 and 6, bringing us back to 15, which is 11 + 4. Forgot to say that two of the others faces are Sithole, Lintott and even though I hope they both reach stellar heights with us, at the moment they haven't had much game time with the first team.

I would also like to add that we are all assuming (and hoping) that Carayol has signed however at this moment, that has not yet been confirmed so therefore, not a given and Crowley and Hall, seem to have disappeared from the news (unfortunately).

If that ain't frakking threadbare and a good reason to be downbeat, then I don't know what is. I love this football club and it hurts seeing us in a pretty dire position. There will not be a lot of leeway this season and I would not want to see us in league two next year.

Oh, and by the by, I only said "it was not impossible, that we could have 11+4" not that it was definitive........ you do know what nuance means, I take it!

Last edited: