Gills v Rovers live | Page 6 | Vital Football

Gills v Rovers live

Good one Townend ?

Just reading on KoL that Lovell was “seething” about the ref not giving a pen for Ogilvie. Pretty obvious pen was it?

Not a pen, OSK. Ogilvie was played through, was probably about 35 yards goal, but goal-side of the last defender, who just ran into the back of him to bring him down. Given the distance from goal, I'd say it could've gone either way in terms of red/yellow card, there was another defender coming across who may have been able to cover. As Steve says, the ref seemed to bottle it and decide to wave play on rather than have to make a decision.

So what could Scally/GFC done wrong to upset refs for so many to be 'against' us so we get no favours, no swings and roundabouts, just bad decisions/luck?

So what could Scally/GFC done wrong to upset refs for so many to be 'against' us so we get no favours, no swings and roundabouts, just bad decisions/luck?
Agree there Hardy. Almost every week the ref does us down. We never hear when we get such a decision in our favour. They must wake up on matchday morning and think "I've got the Gills today, must remember to be biased against them". Ffs.

One thing I liked about Martin Allen was that, iirc, he never whinged about the ref. Apart from some rare exceptions I'm fed up with it. Mark Hughes is one of the worst for it.

It's like schoolkids who whinge "why are you only picking on me?"

Also ironic that people were calling for the Gills to commit professional fouls in Saturday and now they say such fouls aren't punished enough - if the other team do it of course.

Back to the actual game, well done Gills and delighted for the deserving travelling fans.

Also ironic that people were calling for the Gills to commit professional fouls in Saturday and now they say such fouls aren't punished enough - if the other team do it of course.

I doubt even Alanis Morrissette would find that ironic.

I'm delighted that we've finally won again when we've had less possession than the opposition. Sick of it being the other way.
Well done Gills for digging deep tonight.

My favourite thoughts from the Rovers' forums, as usual with beaten sides they mostly don't think much of us:-

"The ghost of past managers hangs over Gillingham. Dirty, cynical cheats."

"Says something when we're outsung, out defended, out thought by Gillingham. Funny how none of them were outside though..."

"BTW. 1st goal was a mile offside. "

"Can't beat a poor team that was reduced to 10 men for 30 minutes including injury time"

"We still couldn't score from open play at home to poor side with ten men"

"Terrible first half against an equally terrible Gillingham"

"I thought their two strikers played very well tonight, no.14 worked his socks off and Eaves held the ball up well even when they had 10 men"

"Another sh*t team to beat us"

And an interesting one....

"If the rumours that our owners looked seriously at Gillingham are true, I wonder how many of their fans know just how lucky they are?"

Four goals in four starts and five sub appearances for Elliott List is real striker form .I feel that he needs to be given the regular starting spot alongside Eaves over anyone else currently at the club or out on loan.