Gills v Newport match thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Gills v Newport match thread

You have got to laugh, bit embarrassing when half the team can’t take a penalty. We have started this season off shit :rofl:not got a game Saturday would like to think they will be training. Surely we can get a win soon. I thought Evans teams started off strong.

No excuses for that performance tonight against Newport B team. Don’t want to hear any excuses coming out. Only signings who have showed any promises so far have been Jones and Bonham.

Christ knows how their last penalty was given, but ours weren't for much more either, and when you think that they were pretty much the only clear-cut chances our first-choice team made against a team a division below us who were resting most of their players, then you've got to hand it to them. Well done, the Ironsides.

I have to admit that I'm becoming increasingly plastic re watching the Gills. I have to justify to my missus spending money and travelling the round trip from London on my pension. I can't get away with it too often.

Absolute f###ing pony "performances". At least we won't lose on Saturday. Imagine if we'd have to have played Bury's U16's had the League let the game go ahead.

Well that was all rather predicable.

Makes you wonder what the team actually did in pre-season.

Too early for criticism but something needs to improve and pretty quickly

Well that was all rather predicable.

Makes you wonder what the team actually did in pre-season.

Too early for criticism but something needs to improve and pretty quickly
Too early? I thought Rotherhithe was a bit premature after Saturday but he was right. Losing to a League 2 reserve team in a game that was very important for the club and management team.

We need a turnaround that would make Lazarus' recovery look routine.

So glad I made the decision to work late and miss tonight's game. Had a gut feeling we'd get turned over, but to lose like that :censor:

What I cant understand is why SE didn't take Ndjoli off after he was lucky to still be on the pitch midway through the 2nd half. He should have replaced him with List or Mandron surely??

I didn't go tonight, but Radio Kent are putting the blame on Hanlan, who missed a penalty and a one on one in short succession which would have put us 3-1 up. So when Ndjoli scored it would have put us 4-1 up...…...Happy days!