Gills v Ipswich | Vital Football

Gills v Ipswich

I can understand your sentiments re the weather Mouldy, but those boys are going to need our vocal support on Saturday as Ipswich are bringing 2,000 fans I'm told. With a few of our better players getting back to full fitness and the promising draw at MK in mind, I would urge as many Gills fans as possible and get down there and get behind the boys.

Btw, bumped into Kyle Dempsey today and he's chomping at the bit to get back out there, but feels he's not quite ready for 90 minutes yet. COYG

I can understand your sentiments re the weather Mouldy, but those boys are going to need our vocal support on Saturday as Ipswich are bringing 2,000 fans I'm told. With a few of our better players getting back to full fitness and the promising draw at MK in mind, I would urge as many Gills fans as possible and get down there and get behind the boys.

Btw, bumped into Kyle Dempsey today and he's chomping at the bit to get back out there, but feels he's not quite ready for 90 minutes yet. COYG

I'll be going Saturday, you're right the boys really do need our support right now.

Love the bit about Kyle Dempsey, its gonna be an uphill task but he's the key man to get us to stay in this league in my opinion, if he's on form.

If you didn’t want to stomach the cold 🥶 this match is available on ifollow!! Yes and before you reply and say no it’s a 3pm ko on a Saturday , this was an original midweek match and you can watch this on ifollow Saturday.

Well that`s a nice surprise, cheers MBC.

I'll be there. Can't wait - due to our matches being postponed and my own and family illness, I haven't seen a match in person since October.

Encouraged by the more robust and defensively sound performance on Saturday. I think if we can play as well defensively on Saturday we'll get something from the game as we'll have more attacking threat with Big V hopefully reaching full fitness, the new Norwich lad available and hopefully Dempsey playing a part.

I'll be going Saturday, you're right the boys really do need our support right now.

Love the bit about Kyle Dempsey, its gonna be an uphill task but he's the key man to get us to stay in this league in my opinion, if he's on form.

Not sure about that. Ipswich are a big name and will have a good backing, but are no great shakes on the pitch. Of course, if our squad were as depleted and form as poor as through December, we'd be almost certain losers, but with our tired and injured players rested up and best players returning, at home, we should at least compete on Saturday.

Not sure about that. Ipswich are a big name and will have a good backing, but are no great shakes on the pitch. Of course, if our squad were as depleted and form as poor as through December, we'd be almost certain losers, but with our tired and injured players rested up and best players returning, at home, we should at least compete on Saturday.

I was talking about our chances of avoiding relegation being an uphill task, not the game vs Ipswich, at home to a mid table side (big name club counts for nothing) it's winnable!

I was talking about our chances of avoiding relegation being an uphill task, not the game vs Ipswich, at home to a mid table side (big name club counts for nothing) it's winnable!
Probably right but Ipswich could be at a turning point of their season as indeed we could. So I would say Saturday's game if a very tough one to call.

We have plenty to do, but in all fairness, we have been in awful form and hit with colossal injuries over the past two months and are only 4 points off being safe, which says to me (which I already knew anyway from having seen most teams this season) that there are some terrible teams above us and we have them all to play. It looks like we're turning the corner with injuries and with our ultra experienced and competitive management team, I personally have faith that we'll catch a number of those teams, but we're certainly looking at a relegation battle to the end and will be nowhere near where we finished last season.

If Akinde is not in the squad tomorrow that would suggest he's in the middle of leaving.

If Akinde is not in the squad tomorrow that would suggest he's in the middle of leaving.
It could simply be Evans trying to off load and he has no other legal way of doing it.Simply cover himself by saying he has a minor injury.

Just to re-iterate Mouldy`s opening post - video coverage (iFollow) of today`s game is definitely available to UK based fans. I`ve just purchased mine.

Thanks for the initial heads-up Mouldy, I may well have missed that completely (as it`s a Saturday game). Cheers.