Gills team of the decade | Vital Football

Gills team of the decade

One or two controversial selections there! Holy instead of Nelson. Jackman? Don't think so. Whelpdale possibly at standard when first on loan.
Well i assume they are referring to nelson in his prime. At one point he was excellent. Probably better than holy, id agree. But that said, in the gk position, id say Gazzaniga probably would go in above holy and nelson.

Every position in the poll was based on a choice of 3 or 4 players and everyone voted for their favourite. Can't remember all the options for each position but the 11 selected were the democratic winners.
This is not Brexit so you can't moan as voters had ALL the information up front!
Unless you are a snowflake or boomer.....(or didn't actually get to vote of course. In that case complain away!!)

Thin gravy.

2 quality players, Dack and Egan. Apart from them there isn't much to admire. Sorry. I assume I'll get pelters for not being excited about them. A team of any other decade since I've been warching (65/6) would wipe the floor with that lot.

Gills in the Blood did offer some rules for this squad. The players that were options for this team all had to play 50+ appearances for Gillingham between 2010/11 season and current squad. Certain players that might have made the team in terms of ability such as loan players like Sean Clare wouldn't make it due to not having made enough appearances. If I remember rightly, centre midfield options were only Steven Gregory, Charlie Lee, Jake Hess, Byrne, Josh Wright, Dacky and Lewis Montrose, hence the choices made.

Not a single Evans signing ?Miles Weston seriously that's sad.

Rules made them all ineligible. 50+ apps required.

Any we think could possibly make it in the next decade?

Matty Willock should have the quality, but he might take the whole 10 years to get to 50.

Jack Bonham would be a chance.

Think the rest are in and out of the squad or loanees. The striker we get in Jan will be a shoo in ?

Those rules are fair enough I suppose, and make you realise how we have struggled for enough quality in certain areas of the pitch over the years.

Myles Weston had his moments but to be in out team of the decade is a reflection on us rather then him I think.