Gills Prediction League for next season | Vital Football

Gills Prediction League for next season

patchy70

Vital Squad Member
With Euro 2016 the time is coming round fast and it soon won't be long until something can be sorted out for a PL for next season.

I'm very happy and keen to continue running it for next season after Euro 2016 ends if that is what people want/ are happy with?

Furthermore my early thoughts were to run it with the same scoring structure as I have been for the Euro 2016 but if there is anything you'd like to see changed then please speak up?! :35:

sounds good. i've enjoyed it, not least because for once i'm doing alright so far! winning the league of my mates on BBC predictor as well.

One suggestion might be not making so that you have to get the exact score to get points for guessing the correct goal scorers. I think you'd need to do something to stop abuse of it, and unsportmanly predictions, but I reckon with a bit of thought it could be done.

Sorry for being a bit slow Patchy but how does it work, not got involved so far. Next season sounds good.

Yeah I would suggest you should still get a point for each correct scorer, but as AK says you would maybe have to put something in place to stop people listing all 10 outfield players.

My thought would be you can only list as many scorers as your prediction. As no one will predict 10-0 for each game, as that would lose the 3 points for the correct score.

Haven't joined in the Euro one (I was away when it all started) but I'd like to be in if it gets going :35:

Can you explain how it will go for any newbies like me? Is it pts for correct result (ie home win, draw, away win) then more pts for correct scoreline and scorers?

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Rules are this. You put down the score and goalscorers relevant to that score (goalscorers aren't compulsory but it is within your interest as more available points). If you get the score correct you get 3 points. If you get the result correct but the scoreline is different you score 1 point. Currently you get 1 point for each correct goalscorer if you get the correct scoreline but the suggestion is that you should get the goalscorer points even if the score is not correct which is what I am looking into implementing assuming I can implement it in a fair way and there is support for it.