Gills new signings | Page 21 | Vital Football

Gills new signings

Welcome Hakeeb. This sounds like a pretty decent signing. Lot of recent games in the league above. And should give us 2 quick tricky wingers. Haven’t had that in a long time.

Welcome Hakeeb. This sounds like a pretty decent signing. Lot of recent games in the league above. And should give us 2 quick tricky wingers. Haven’t had that in a long time.
Yes , but have we got anyone to convert the crosses into goals. Mandron has never been prolific and a lot of chances created from wide positions are often in the air. Oliver would probably have benefited from those. We've got Walker,who only Harris thinks is the real deal ( as those of us who have seen him don't) and if he's that good, why doesn't he start?

Yes , but have we got anyone to convert the crosses into goals. Mandron has never been prolific and a lot of chances created from wide positions are often in the air. Oliver would probably have benefited from those. We've got Walker,who only Harris thinks is the real deal ( as those of us who have seen him don't) and if he's that good, why doesn't he start?
I wonder if Harris will gamble on either Hakeeb or Green playing in a more central position.

I wonder if Harris will gamble on either Hakeeb or Green playing in a more central position.
I think it is more likely to play Mandron with Green and Hakeeb pushed right up on the full backs.But Hakeeb is such a versatile attacking player he might also use him in more central position behind Mandron, Walker or Kashket.He does seem to add another real threat to our attack. I can see why Harris decided to wait for him to become available. But he must have been concerned when he was getting minutes at Lincoln.

I think it is more likely to play Mandron with Green and Hakeeb pushed right up on the full backs.But Hakeeb is such a versatile attacking player he might also use him in more central position behind Mandron, Walker or Kashket.He does seem to add another real threat to our attack. I can see why Harris decided to wait for him to become available. But he must have been concerned when he was getting minutes at Lincoln.

I still think we’re going to go with a front two of Mandron and Kashket with Green and Hakeeb on the wings. I’d like to see it anyway.

Wycombe got the best out of Kashket playing that way.

I still think we’re going to go with a front two of Mandron and Kashket with Green and Hakeeb on the wings. I’d like to see it anyway.
Wycombe got the best out of Kashket playing that way.

The wingers would have to track back or the midfield two will be overrun. I think we have already seen that Greenaldo has that in his locker so hopefully the new boy does as well. Then it may work, but obviously we would have to play a flat back four.

The wingers would have to track back or the midfield two will be overrun. I think we have already seen that Greenaldo has that in his locker so hopefully the new boy does as well. Then it may work, but obviously we would have to play a flat back four.
I think A flat four .With O'Keefe and Williams in front of them.
Greene, Hakeeb and Lee or Reeves
Mandron.
If the Greene and Hakeeb
regularly switched position it could cause havoc especially if the had a slow or shorter defender .

IIRC, Harris said that was his preferred formation in a pre match interview (v Rotherham last season) but that he'd been forced into other systems by a restricted availability of players.

NH says (today - Kentonline) he needs another central defender asap. Danny Cowley (Portsmouth manager) says (today) he wants to find a L2 club to take his promising central defender, Haji Mnoga on loan. This chap is 20yrs old and played quite a few games in the NL last season. I`d have thought we would want someone with a bit more experience but, who knows.

NH says (today - Kentonline) he needs another central defender asap. Danny Cowley (Portsmouth manager) says (today) he wants to find a L2 club to take his promising central defender, Haji Mnoga on loan. This chap is 20yrs old and played quite a few games in the NL last season. I`d have thought we would want someone with a bit more experience but, who knows.

Definitely need an experienced defender, Baggott is too inexperienced and lightweight we need somebody to work with him and help him develop.