Gills back in it according to the bookies. | Vital Football

Gills back in it according to the bookies.

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
Saturday morning I looked at the Betfair odds for a top 7 finish for us and it was 100/1. I've just looked again now and it's 19/1. Quite a massive difference which is obviously down to today's results where we've won and most of our rivals for that 7th spot have lost; Crawley, Crewe, Walsall, Wombles etc, with only Doncaster winning!

I got Doncaster for top half finish a few weeks back which looks like an easy double your money bet now. So much so I took 12/1 last night for them to win promotion. All about form at this stage of the season and they are one of very few clubs in any sort of consistent winning form.

As for Gills its so frustrating that any improvement in consistency would have seen us comfortably in the playoffs by now. Clemence called it right - nearly team.

Doncaster fans were demonstrating at Xmas wanting McCann out as they were in the bottom 4 whereas they were promised a promotion push. Now they've won 8 on the trot he's a hero. You have to be careful what you wish for sometimes

I got Doncaster for top half finish a few weeks back which looks like an easy double your money bet now. So much so I took 12/1 last night for them to win promotion. All about form at this stage of the season and they are one of very few clubs in any sort of consistent winning form.

As for Gills its so frustrating that any improvement in consistency would have seen us comfortably in the playoffs by now. Clemence called it right - nearly team.
I backed them at 50-1 to make play-offs a few weeks ago- they're now 11-4 so i expect them to start losing now.

Trouble with them getting promoted is, they’d have to end up winning about 13 straight. Definitely have to win their next 2, then probably 3 play-offs. Current 8 straight is remarkable. 13 might be too much of a stretch.

Fair play if they do.

Trouble with them getting promoted is, they’d have to end up winning about 13 straight. Definitely have to win their next 2, then probably 3 play-offs. Current 8 straight is remarkable. 13 might be too much of a stretch.

Fair play if they do.

They won't get more than ten in a row.

They won't get more than ten in a row.

Hopefully. But if they do win next 2, it won’t matter (for us) if we beat them. We can’t catch them. We need them to finish their run at 8 or 9.

We basically need Crawley & Donny to collapse and Walsall to lose their game in hand.

OR, Crawley, Donny and 2 others to all beat Barrow but lose their other games. We need the tragedy of our relegation an decade ago to be reversed. All results going for us rather than against.

Last edited:

Fair play if they do.
Technically they afford to lose one play off game, or even draw both the semi finals. Despite all good things coming to an end, they’re still way more likely than we are. However, as many have said, if we get to final game and still have a chance, we’ll all take that!