Gills attendance poll | Vital Football

Gills attendance poll

My( non ) attendance at Gills ?

• I go to home and away to most or all games.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I watch another team

• rday at 11:48 PM#3 I'm a season ticket holder but don't go to

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm a season ticket holder but don't go to all home games.

I work in the City and live in London so tuesdays are a pain in the arse.

Can you add:

For my own sanity and job prospects, I have moved away from the shithole that is the Medway towns - so getting to any game is difficult?

How about a season ticket holder who goes to all League and Cup games, and a season ticket holder who goes to all League and Cup games minus the Paint Pot Trophy?

How about a season ticket holder who goes to all League and Cup games, and a season ticket holder who goes to all League and Cup games minus the Paint Pot Trophy?
Sorry I can't edit once in place .F#c#ed up a few reasons.

Last edited:
I went to practically every home game in the 80s and early 90s, but work took my away and I have different priorities these days. Doesn't stop me looking constantly checking the scores on a Saturday afternoon and getting irritated when we lose.

My first game of the season today and I know I'll have a smile as I walk to the ground. Let's hope the smile's still there come 5pm

Can you add:

For my own sanity and job prospects, I have moved away from the shithole that is the Medway towns - so getting to any game is difficult?

I dispute that comment. Of course there are parts of the town's that are rough around the edges, not least the walk to the ground but overall I think Medway is a good place to live and work.

Sunny afternoon in Rochester beer gardens or an autum walk along gillingham country park will do for me.

It will be interesting tor see just how many attend today's game .I and my regular friends are going. However I am not sure how many others who normally sit near me are going. I feel any more than 1,500 will be a good attendance.

Yes, but compared to us playing a lowly side, they looked upon their game as playing one of the 'big' boys!

Haha, nice one. But, just in case you`re being even a little serious, have you seen where Macclesfield sit in the EFL, Hardy ? Hartlepool will be playing them in the NL next season.

Agree, but on checking, it still only came in at 21st highest out of the 29 1st round games played yesterday.

Yes but not exactly a big draw match in a succession of home games plus Hartlepool were hardly going to bring many.

After seeing how bad we were yesterday they really think they can win this one.

I wonder how many will travel up here?

I agree with Hardy. I know a Maidstone fan and he was excited about the possibility of taking a league scalp.
Whereas I know quite a few Gills fans who couldn't be bothered to go to the Hartlepool game for various different reasons:
1 - It's only a non league team and we should beat them easily enough.
2 - Rainham end shut, so flat atmosphere and main stand's full of cucumber sandwich brigade.
3 - We've already had 3 home games in the last 10 days and just can't afford to go to all of them.

I was actually surprised at how high the attendance was considering the lack of interest from most. I was expecting 1500ish.