Gillingham leaks | Vital Football

Gillingham leaks

Not on Twitter, would you care to elaborate?
Most of the ‘leaks’ are in the public domain via either the accounts (which they’ve print-screened), or mainstream media (which they’ve linked).

The first few tweets (below) re: the new stadium were news to me - could they have been from a publication aimed at attracting investment or are they a true ‘leak’? After that the tweets fade into obscurity.

Last edited:
I don’t understand how information that is in the public domain is considered a “leak”? What new investigative journalism have these folks done to uncover new information?

Seems to me that the only thing that they have done is to try to interpret some of those publicly available documents in a way to supports their ‘Scally Out’ agenda. And, by the feed’s own admission, they’re not qualified to make such interpretations.

Maybe their efforts might be better spent setting up a go fund me page to raise funds to buy the club and run it in a way that they see fit.

I took a look at the Gills fans forum facebook page for the first time yesterday and someone is uploading extracts from the investment prospectus.

Have to say the images of the proposed stadium look very nice but also look increasingly unrealistic to pessimistic me. To be fair if Scally pulled this off then I would be happy to have a statue of him outside the ground.

I took a look at some of the other sites being referred to (Twitter and FB) and it seems to me that far too many people have gone completely OTT. I get it that we all want our club to be successful but there really are plenty of numpties saying some ridiculous things; some of them need to get into the real world. There is no right to success and the Premiership has made it incredibly difficult for teams in the lower divisions to be financially viable.

Will we ever be in the top league ? I don`t know and, tbh, don`t really care. We love a Cup run and we want the Gills to win but, If we were simply glory hunters it`d be far easier to "follow" any of the nearby Premiership big boys.

We want to be competitive, of course, but supporting a L1/L2 club is different from following a Premiership team. Supporting a lower league team is special, it`s real, it`s emotive - it`s proper football. I thought that when I moved up here to Lancashire, just a few years ago, that I`d be able to get a ST at one of the Many clubs in my area. I couldn`t do it - Gills is in the blood.

I think PS has done a good job - just think back to where we were before he arrived. His character doesn`t endear him to all fans all the time, but I believe, totally, he is a Gills fan as well as owner. I was in close proximity to him when we played and won at Peterborough last season (I think) and remember seeing his facial expression when, after our win, he went on the pitch to applaud our fans and a noisy minority of them booed at him and shouted abuse at him. PS was clearly gutted and despondent. He is a Gills fan.

Anyway, some of this won`t be popular with some of you, we`re all entitled to our opinion. In the meantime, let`s hope we get a good turnout at the Valley. I am looking forward to it, though not the train trip as I`ll probably be in the company of many Bolton fans who will be bemused at the Gills badge on my clothing. UTG UTG UTG.....

The only asset of value that a football club has is it’s stadium. Once that asset is gone, then a club treads a very fine line in terms of its sustainability. Gillingham has only survived it’s past financial crises because owners and investors have known that this asset is realisable in the worst case scenario. Once separated from the club that safety net is gone. This structure would certainly be a concern.

The Scally Out agenda is an irrelevance unless those pushing it are aware of a genuine investor champing at the bit to sink millions in our strange dreams. The man has done good and bad and there are much worse chairmen out there and only a handful of outright benefactors.

I confess that from a strictly personal point of view the new stadium details shown fill me with a dragging sense of doom. I want no part of that vision and would visit once to say goodbye. I'd prefer non league to this shopping mall style operation because I hate every part of that world. Good luck to those, who want the rented splenderdome, I'll look out for your results and hope they go well.

I don't think you've got too much to worry about, I'm not convinced it will happen.

I agree with your point about the club not owning its ground- We've all seen it at non league level and it didn't go well.

The only thing I'm not really happy about is that the Club no longer owns the ground - yes at present it's on the company's books but Scally owns the holding company. Under the proposed development, GFC will just be a tennent.

The only thing I'm not really happy about is that the Club no longer owns the ground - yes at present it's on the company's books but Scally owns the holding company. Under the proposed development, GFC will just be a tennent.

Think that sums it up completely.

I don’t understand how information that is in the public domain is considered a “leak”? What new investigative journalism have these folks done to uncover new information?

Seems to me that the only thing that they have done is to try to interpret some of those publicly available documents in a way to supports their ‘Scally Out’ agenda.

As far as I know none of the new stadium information - “Mill Hill Village” forecast costs and turnover etc was previously in the public domain- this has either been leaked by someone who works or used to work for the club, or perhaps a potential investor who Scally has presented the information to.

The rest of it is simply their analysis of the published accounts of the various companies associated with GFC - They point out there is still a 9,050,000 bank loan and another loan of 1,800,000 on the books of GFC Holdings.

They also point out various contradictions in recent Scally statements, such as him saying he was relocating to Dubai to seek investment back in 2008, compared to his report last week stating he has only been looking for the past year or so.

Some were recently told by Scally the club has a wage budget of £12 million, whereas the accounts reveal all the staff of GFC, including players, management, stadium staff, directors etc are paid in total a little over £3.5m.

They also say they are not necessarily after “Scally out”, just a change in his style of leadership and treatment of the fans, who deserve to know the truth.

The forcasted turnover is either a very cheap hotel or damm expensive car parking.

Anyone who leaks information can only do harm to the club.

As far as I know none of the new stadium information - “Mill Hill Village” forecast costs and turnover etc was previously in the public domain- this has either been leaked by someone who works or used to work for the club, or perhaps a potential investor who Scally has presented the information to.

The rest of it is simply their analysis of the published accounts of the various companies associated with GFC - They point out there is still a 9,050,000 bank loan and another loan of 1,800,000 on the books of GFC Holdings.

They also point out various contradictions in recent Scally statements, such as him saying he was relocating to Dubai to seek investment back in 2008, compared to his report last week stating he has only been looking for the past year or so.

Some were recently told by Scally the club has a wage budget of £12 million, whereas the accounts reveal all the staff of GFC, including players, management, stadium staff, directors etc are paid in total a little over £3.5m.

They also say they are not necessarily after “Scally out”, just a change in his style of leadership and treatment of the fans, who deserve to know the truth.
Lol im not being funny but who on earth thought Scally told them the wage budget was 12m? Gfc turnover has barely EVER been more than 50% of that figure. Let alone the wage budget. Scally said numerous times the wage budget is approx 2.6m as far as i remember. Whoever claims Scally told them it's 12m is lying, or caught Scally smoking some of Buddha's potatoes.

Lol im not being funny but who on earth thought Scally told them the wage budget was 12m? Gfc turnover has barely EVER been more than 50% of that figure. Let alone the wage budget. Scally said numerous times the wage budget is approx 2.6m as far as i remember. Whoever claims Scally told them it's 12m is lying, or caught Scally smoking some of Buddha's potatoes.
Yes you've picked out the most flakey "fact" from the Tweets since we don't know who said Scally told them this, I think they said it was stated during the face to face meetings on Saturday, but what about the rest of it?
It's simply highlighting the inconsistent statements that he comes out with. What about the infamous Cardiff FA Cup ticket prices? He said they were the same for the Stoke game, but that simply isn't true - the prices were not increased for the Stoke match like they have been for Cardiff.

Anyone who leaks information can only do harm to the club.

Normally I would agree but is this really a leak ? All of this information has come from a very professional and glossy brochure that the club has been distributing to would be investors. Its hardly a secret infact the whole point of the brochure was to advertise the investment potential of Mill Hill limited.

Who knows there may be a secret millionaire on here just itching to invest in the penthouses overlooking Twydall.