GILLINGHAM BOYS, WE ARE HERE, WE... | Page 2 | Vital Football

GILLINGHAM BOYS, WE ARE HERE, WE...

Questions for those that were there.

How well did Darren Oldaker play?

Both Oldaker and Lopez played. Did that go well? (Must have I suppose after a 0-3 ?)

Finally, looks like we played 4-4-2. Was it a diamond formation still, or a straight 4?

TIA

Thought Oldaker did ok... tidy on the ball, good strength in possession and picked some good passes but sat far too deep for my liking. Lopes had lots of energy but felt he struggled a little

Oldaker played Ok for me too. He protected the ball well and some nice passes. He looks confident and I feel will get better with a better midfield around him. Lopez made a huge difference playing on the right yesterday. He doesn't panic when being pressed on the ball and is comfortable doing that. He off loaded a the correct time yesterday.
Cook and Byrne harried.
The whole team looked better balanced for me.
We played football and passed it around using width. There was little hoofing and for me the game was won by half time and I have rarely been able to say that as a Gills fan previously.
Well done Patto for being brave and picking the team you wanted to play. A quick mention to Hanlon for a quite exquisite individual goal.

Very enjoyable game and superb to see our Gills dominate the opposition, virtually from start to finish. Some lovely neat and pressing footy played by the Gills and, on the strength of yesterday`s and other recent performances, there`s every reason to be enthusiastic about the ever-improving Brandon Hanlon. Don`t think anyone had a bad game yesterday, which was impressive considering that there was nothing, club or point-wise, riding on the result. Anyone on our team playing hard to make personal points surely achieved their aims.

Young DJ did OK, he wasn`t outstanding but was good enough to justify selection. He will improve and become more influential if he`s given the game time. Our back four worked very well and Ogivie was, once again outstanding. I`d also mention the sublime cross that Bradley Garmston delivered to Big Tom to delicately steer in for a goal. From where we were sitting it was possible to appreciate just how deliberately and perfectly that cross was made.

Tall Tomas seemed to be saying goodbye at the end; if that was the case then good luck to him, wherever, he ends up.

Good stuff Gills, looking forward to next season....

So a mid table finish on a tiny budget and a good cup run. Wasn't really expecting much more. Let's see what a new manager can do with a budget that should have been offered to SL. If he could have got them playing better at home we may even have had a couple more games left this season.

Very enjoyable game and superb to see our Gills dominate the opposition, virtually from start to finish. Some lovely neat and pressing footy played by the Gills and, on the strength of yesterday`s and other recent performances, there`s every reason to be enthusiastic about the ever-improving Brandon Hanlon. Don`t think anyone had a bad game yesterday, which was impressive considering that there was nothing, club or point-wise, riding on the result. Anyone on our team playing hard to make personal points surely achieved their aims.

Young DJ did OK, he wasn`t outstanding but was good enough to justify selection. He will improve and become more influential if he`s given the game time. Our back four worked very well and Ogivie was, once again outstanding. I`d also mention the sublime cross that Bradley Garmston delivered to Big Tom to delicately steer in for a goal. From where we were sitting it was possible to appreciate just how deliberately and perfectly that cross was made.

Tall Tomas seemed to be saying goodbye at the end; if that was the case then good luck to him, wherever, he ends up.

Good stuff Gills, looking forward to next season....
Did I hear incidentally that it was Garmston's 100th league appearance yesterday ? has anyone got an info if thats correct?

Does anyone know what happened to Burke? Was he sent back to Preston or injured or just left out of the last few squads?

Well done Patto, Fuller marking there dangerous winger a team full of composure. It might be the cold wind best team performance for thirty years. The defence solid and composed midfield trickery and a attack that looked they could score at will. Stop moaning about Paul Scally he was left with no choice. A pity they didn't play like this earlier!

Does anyone know what happened to Burke? Was he sent back to Preston or injured or just left out of the last few squads?

He limped off against Shrewsbury with an apparent foot injury. Don't recall reading any updates of his fitness.