Gillingham away live on Sky | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gillingham away live on Sky

I wonder if all 3 newbies plus Rogers will start now. Quite a bit of recovery work needed over the next couple of days
They'll certainly be involved.

Given the form of TJ and Tayo it would be hard to leave them out, but the amount of work they did tonight on that bog of a pitch, MA has some big decisions to make. Hopefully the physios and sports science guys can help recovery and assements, we don't want to start leggy on Friday.

Also, we may well need the height to defend at set pieces. We know Akinde and Oliver will have the balls launched forward at every opportunity. By all accounts they have some big ugly defenders (not models) too so I hope the referee is going to be strong for this one.

Huge game now. Oliver and especially Akinde will really be champing at the bit to get into us. Team will be really hard for MA to pick this week as it will depend on (a) players recovery from last night, (b) any injuries from recent games, and (c) the form and fitness of the new guys in training. 🤞🤞

Huge game now. Oliver and especially Akinde will really be champing at the bit to get into us. Team will be really hard for MA to pick this week as it will depend on (a) players recovery from last night, (b) any injuries from recent games, and (c) the form and fitness of the new guys in training. 🤞🤞
Throw all those factors into the pot and the 'starting XI for Gillingham' thread becomes a bit of a lottery.

Throw all those factors into the pot and the 'starting XI for Gillingham' thread becomes a bit of a lottery.
Not so sure. Think he’ll go with his regular strongest eleven (barring injuries) in a bid to get the three points. May unleash one or two of the new signings towards the end, but it’s the points he’s after. We need them because we have to maintain the momentum, especially with the other games against top clubs coming up.

Not so sure. Think he’ll go with his regular strongest eleven (barring injuries) in a bid to get the three points. May unleash one or two of the new signings towards the end, but it’s the points he’s after. We need them because we have to maintain the momentum, especially with the other games against top clubs coming up.
Downside of a day less recovery for Gillingham is offset somewhat by a day more for Hull Mark II at least.

Would be great if we can witness another footballing MA masterclass that has the commentators drooling, however I expect Evans' mob to kick us off the pitch .... just hope Tuesday's slog hasn't taken too much out of us.

Absolutely gutted that I have to pay for a Now TV pass and give some of my money to Sky. Oh well bite the bullet and swallow my pride as they say.

Hopefully the commentators and the coverage will be a little more equal this time rather than them fawning themselves over Fergie junior and his PL dad connections.

I think that Sky and even Hortin on Radio Lincolnshire with his constant references to Liverpool and the PL during commentary fail to realise that a good proportion of lower league footy fans couldn't give a toss about the PL.

Mind you as we ascend the ladder into the Championship I guess I will have to swallow my pride even more. The price of sporting success I guess.:grinning:

Absolutely gutted that I have to pay for a Now TV pass and give some of my money to Sky. Oh well bite the bullet and swallow my pride as they say.

Hopefully the commentators and the coverage will be a little more equal this time rather than them fawning themselves over Fergie junior and his PL dad connections.

I think that Sky and even Hortin on Radio Lincolnshire with his constant references to Liverpool and the PL during commentary fail to realise that a good proportion of lower league footy fans couldn't give a toss about the PL.

Mind you as we ascend the ladder into the Championship I guess I will have to swallow my pride even more. The price of sporting success I guess.:grinning:
Yeah, during the post-match interviews, Hortin dropped some weird reference to Jurgen Klopp losing finals at Wembley and how happy he was when Klopp won his first. Just bizarre, no-one gives a shit mate, we support Lincoln.