Gideon brings in National Living Wage | Vital Football

Gideon brings in National Living Wage

Bikini Inspector

Vital Football Hero
I'm sure we have all heard the news. Osborne has written his name in the history books by bringing in a living wage/minimum wage of £9 an hour by 2020. Starts next April by rising from £6.50 to £7.20.

I think it's a colossal decision and will boost the living standards of those on minimum wage forever. Well done Gideon.

I only saw a bit of the budget today. Looks like he's tried to be radical.

Can't argue with the assessments and sirdennis post, 9 quid by 2020 would probably be only just above what it is now!

Need to get to the bbc site in a bit for an overview

Would have loved it being £9 now an hour lol, but better than nothing for me and the Mrs

It might not be "enough" but it's also something he did not have to do at all. Also it would not reach £9 an hour by 2020 without this measure. The good thing is a higher wage level will be established. To me this is a massive bonus as I never expected this from a Tory chancellor. I preferred Miliband's idea to make it £8 an hour on top of tax credits but this is still something positive.

The real smoke and mirrors trick was the tory gamble by telling people exactly "How tough, how hard, how extreme and difficult" the next government was going to be.

People supported the Tories to the extent that they turned their backs on the LibDems altogether. We could have done done much more the LibDems shackled us.....

Well played by the Conservative planning committee the public fell for it and the Libdems were slaughtered at the last election, now at the first budget, "well its not that bad really"

:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1:

Smoke and Mirrors Indeed...

I think you are right lads. The more that's coming out the more it seems like in real terms this is a con job. Fuck sake.

Pretty sensible take on it here http://www.resolutionfoundation.org/media/blog/will-wages-fill-the-tax-credit-gap-dont-budget-for-it/

The budget was very calculating and clever! The expected overt crucifixion of the disabled didn't happen. They went for those working and on tax credits. It was like they were trying to divert from what they had been doing to the disabled.

I do see the governments point that it was introduced by Labour to top up earnings to get people off benefits, then tax them but give it them back in tax credits.

Everything really governments do is just playing with the figures, to make it look better than it is. I get the point on social housing however I don't think those figures are very fair TBH. I think they should be a bit higher especially for London.

The % in housing benefit everyone is going to have pay, working or not, is another form of taxing disability which they said would happen but didn't.

Those on DLA/PIPS working or not weren't hammered as badly as expected, though it may just be the softener before other ''savings'' instead of ''cuts'' as they are now called are made in future budgets.

However according to the Independent the majority of the 12 billion has now been decided with the £9 million working tax cuts and the rest on the other various

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/budget-2015-tax-credits-and-housing-benefit-to-be-cut-for-families-with-more-than-two-children-10376015.html

It was a very tricky budget indeed from Osborne. As far as this fake living wage is concerned what's to stop employers just employing people who are under 25 to avoid paying it?

Well Biki dude that will sort the young people being out of work, but then more people my age and above am gonna be stuffed,,,,,oh deary me

If I was the conservatives I would be wondering who to have as leader at the next election because the chice between Osborne and mophead is two unelectables much as Burnham & Cooper will be if elected labour leader.
In fact the Lib Dems should fetch Clegg back reckon he would stand every chance against that bunch of dickheads.

As for the budget at last someone has limited child benefit to 2 children nothing against big families I come from one but it is a lifestyle choice. The rest well we will see how it pans out for those less well off my usual amount of distrust in any politician is still healthy.

I agree Merlin dude, i have a third on the way (shocked tbh and wasn't planning on it GULP) BUT it ay nobody else's responsibility my mom and dad managed as did my grandparents who had loads and loads of kids, my great grandad had 12 kids with one wife she dided and he married her sister and had another 7 LOL he worked for a living in the foundries and did bare knuckle fighting to make up his money and pay for the kids, so it shows we have to look after our own responsibilities as our ancestors did!!

ClivetheVillan - 10/7/2015 01:35

I agree Merlin dude, i have a third on the way (shocked tbh and wasn't planning on it GULP) BUT it ay nobody else's responsibility my mom and dad managed as did my grandparents who had loads and loads of kids, my great grandad had 12 kids with one wife she dided and he married her sister and had another 7 LOL he worked for a living in the foundries and did bare knuckle fighting to make up his money and pay for the kids, so it shows we have to look after our own responsibilities as our ancestors did!!

Holy shit! 19 kids and a bare knuckle boxer! He sounds like a right character.

BodyButter - 9/7/2015 17:20

ClivetheVillan - 10/7/2015 01:35

Holy shit! 19 kids and a bare knuckle boxer! He sounds like a right character.

No bs mate :19: The Express and Star done a Mosaic of my great Grandad Bunce, he was nicknamed the Tipton Slasher after the great Tipton slasher who there is a monument up of in our Tipton trown centre, i will find the picture out or hunt for it onlinbe and see if i can put it up to show you, the picture is of him in black and white in the 1920' or 30' cor remember but in his shorts and no top bare knuckle pose, he was undefeated yet he was only 5 foot 6 lol my grandad (who was his son) told me about him and he was as hard as nails,

My family is so big i have not met i would say half of them on my moms side cos you imagine, 19 kids they jhave had kids they have had kids etc etc :10: :10:

I am proud of him tbh he was in the army aswell for a time wartime i believe,,,,them days them older breed put us young ens to shame imo

They're going back on their election promises already then i see (with regards to cutting child benefit i mean)

Merlin128777 - 9/7/2015 15:55

As for the budget at last someone has limited child benefit to 2 children nothing against big families I come from one but it is a lifestyle choice.

:22: If you're a Catholic you'd have to abstain! Just remember...

[youtube=fUspLVStPbk]