GIBTV interviews who next? | Vital Football

GIBTV interviews who next?

HullGills

Vital Reserves Team
Who would you like to see Matt interview next, for me it would be Ady Pennock, I am sure he would have some great tales to tell about when he played for us but I would also like to know what went on behind the scenes while he was our manager. He did say one day he would tell all but perhaps he signed a non-disclosure agreement.

Who would you like to see Matt interview next, for me it would be Ady Pennock, I am sure he would have some great tales to tell about when he played for us but I would also like to know what went on behind the scenes while he was our manager. He did say one day he would tell all but perhaps he signed a non-disclosure agreement.
Pennock did do a tell all with Kent Online which I've linked: https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/ady-pennock-i-had-death-threats-as-gills-manager-216735/

I doubt very much Pennock would interview with Matt though. He supposedly did have one lined up when he was manager but then pulled out after one video where Matt suggested it was time that Pennock left the club, which frankly he had a very valid point considering how woeful we were at the time. Pennock didn't react well to that criticism and didn't feel it was justified so pulled out of the interview. The interview paints a lot of pictures but there wasn't much justification as to why he kept picking square pegs in round holes as manager and expected it to work.

Last edited:

I know it might be interesting talking to Ade. But do we really need to dig out horror stories and angst from past seasons just when everything is nice and positive right now?

I’m sure there would be much more uplifting, funny and fascinating tales to be told by past legends like SooperBob or Sarbs, Terry Cochrane, Brian Yeo, Bradley Dack, Simeone Jackson, Trigger, Tony Cas, Sir Keith, Martin Allen and many, many others. They may even throw in the odd downer moments just for good measure.

Mad Dog would be a brilliant one.
We had Borehamwood team down here a couple of seasons back, for their preseason, and I talked with quite a few of their players who had played under Allen.
They reckon he was mental to work for.

Mad Dog would be a brilliant one.
We had Borehamwood team down here a couple of seasons back, for their preseason, and I talked with quite a few of their players who had played under Allen.
They reckon he was mental to work for.

I was thinking exactly the same, he’d be great. I watched his Undr The Cosh interview a while back which was a great listen but unfortunately only mentioned his time with us very briefly. Oh and he ate a dog biscuit for reasons I still don’t understand.

Only someone who is going to fit in with the positive vibe around the club at the moment.
Maybe 'Sir Thommo'? Scorer of THAT goal at Wembley that created history and our peak years as a club (so far!)

Adam Barrett would be a interesting one if Millwall allow of course.
Cody McDonald? Danny Jackman?
Or what about a older player who still attends matches,must be a few around?

Only one answer to this question.

No need to say who. Just the greatest Gills player of all time. End of.

I was thinking exactly the same, he’d be great. I watched his Undr The Cosh interview a while back which was a great listen but unfortunately only mentioned his time with us very briefly. Oh and he ate a dog biscuit for reasons I still don’t understand.
The second episode he spoke a lot more about us, including Bradley Dack and his change of approach after being previously a firefighter keeping clubs in the league. Really interesting; I still have the link somewhere.

Reactions: PuB
Paul Raynor, just to find out what Charlie Kelman called him that made them send him packing back to QPR when we only had one fit striker at the club!

There are some very good interviews with former Gills players and management on spotify mostly done during lock down….
Martin Allen
Mark Stimson
Mark Bentley
Stuart Nelson
Adam Barrett
Danny Kedwell
Chris Dickson
Chris Whelpdale
Andy Hessenthaler
Jermaine McGlashan
Matt Jarvis
Stuart Lewis

There is also one with former assistant manager Jamie Day, now Crawley Town assistant manager, on his time at Gillingham with Adrian Pennock!