Gibbs | Vital Football

Gibbs

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
Has signed a new contract until 2028.

That's a massive contract. They must have faith in him.

I think he looks decent but I haven't made my mind up on him.... probably because he hasn't played much and has played all over the place. What's his best role?

I am a bit worried that like so many other players at NC he ‘ needs to learn a lot ‘( Wagner). I thought we needed a team of good championship players to do well for us , not a team of players who have all got L plates on

Geesh - I must have been missing on something last season - who's this Gibbs character I thought - had to look him up - apparently played a lot last season - guess I will know now he's in the team -blimey

Geesh - I must have been missing on something last season - who's this Gibbs character I thought - had to look him up - apparently played a lot last season - guess I will know now he's in the team -blimey
Yep, got the call up from the academy and did okay. I just don't know what his best position is and I think the same for the managers. He looked very good as an attacking midfielder against Blackburn and then was tried again there and was terrible. He has played as a defensive midfielder and is too lightweight for that, DW played him right wing ---- Nope, didn't work. He has done his best work as that holding midfielder along side McLean/Sara. But for me him in a two is risky as he isn't the quickest and isn't the strongest - we get overrun. in a three he is suited.

Has signed a new contract until 2028.

That's a massive contract. They must have faith in him.

I think he looks decent but I haven't made my mind up on him.... probably because he hasn't played much and has played all over the place. What's his best role?

Very good news!

Good player - central midfielder who can pass and put his "foot in" if necessary or as no. 10. However I suspect Sara and possibly Nunez are ahead of him for that no. 10 role.

BTW. young players can be a bit variable but eventually they get consistent (hopefully) with age and experience.

Wait until the game against the Binners! I bet the Binmen will have some something to say about Gibbs.