GFC Friendlies | Vital Football

GFC Friendlies

LancsGordoRoad

Vital Champions League
So we`re away at Colchester United this coming Saturday - two games each of 60 mins in duration (according to Col U). Col Utd are streaming the game live for people on their S/T database.

Be nice to see Gills do something similar.

So we`re away at Colchester United this coming Saturday - two games each of 60 mins in duration (according to Col U). Col Utd are streaming the game live for people on their S/T database.

Be nice to see Gills do something similar.

We are very fortunate to be able to see the next two games on the club's youtube channel for free, Port Vale tomorrow and Barrow on Tuesday, whether the Everton match the following Saturday will be shown we do not know.

Last edited:
How do they know if you are a season ticket holder, sorry not tried the procedure yet?

If it’s anything like the systems here, when you log into the website (or app) it will know you are a s/t holder or not. In our case (Brisbane Lions) exactly what type of member you are and the level of content you’ll get.

Not so sure that our procedures are that sophisticated, don't think my season ticket is linked to IFollow or the main Gillingham website. I could well be wrong, but don't hold out too much hope :help:

How do they know if you are a season ticket holder, sorry not tried the procedure yet?

This should be easy as they should have a database.

I am a season ticket holder, renewed in feb/March but no email from the club inviting me to watch the game

Maybe they don't have my email address you may ask? Well its the same one that they sent my season ticket renewal confirmation to.

To be honest I am not fussed about the Colchester game BUT it illustrates that the club are so poor at the basics of customer service.

Worst part is that I've generally come to expect poor customer service from GFC.

This should be easy as they should have a database.

I am a season ticket holder, renewed in feb/March but no email from the club inviting me to watch the game

Same boat as you Mark, renewed very early on along with 4 others and none of us have received an email.

Don't want to slate GFC, but joined up writing seems to be a problem for our admin department.

The various facebook posts are full of similar. Its pretty clear the clubs season ticket holder email address list is woefully out of date.

Interesting post on one of the facebook groups showing an email reply from scally to one fan. The fan wrote a polite email (in my opinion) asking about at least an acknowledgement of refund options from last year. Scallys response was brusque to say the least. He's not going to change, customer or fan liaison never been his strength. He really should leave it someone else to reply.

The various facebook posts are full of similar. Its pretty clear the clubs season ticket holder email address list is woefully out of date.

Interesting post on one of the facebook groups showing an email reply from scally to one fan. The fan wrote a polite email (in my opinion) asking about at least an acknowledgement of refund options from last year. Scallys response was brusque to say the least. He's not going to change, customer or fan liaison never been his strength. He really should leave it someone else to reply.

I saw that too yesterday and you do have to wonder wtf is wrong with PDPS sometimes ...... by alienating his customers it shows a real lack of customer focus ...... which is exactly what GFC shouldn’t do at any times especially now.....

I saw that too yesterday and you do have to wonder wtf is wrong with PDPS sometimes ...... by alienating his customers it shows a real lack of customer focus ...... which is exactly what GFC shouldn’t do at any times especially now.....

Agreed. So much to be positive about the gills at the moment. Best manager we have had for years, who excels in fan engagement. Exciting team being developed and then........scally speaks to the fans in that brusque tone he often uses. All it needed was a polite reply to a very fair question. Sooner or later he will have to address the refund question. The more he rubs people up the wrong way the less likely they are to write off the refund in my view. Treat us fairly and with a bit of respect and people are more likely to do the same.

Totally agree, but his total lack of communication or information is pissing me off. Was prepared to write off last year's season ticket, but am now having second thoughts due to his attitude and lack empathy :mad:

That's my worry. I suspect you are not alone with those thoughts