Get a grip | Page 2 | Vital Football

Get a grip

Rza - 29/8/2012 13:07

The only thing that surprises me is that people constantly have to make threads telling/reminding others as to what the story is. We have some thick as fuck fans,

yup

rabit71 - 29/8/2012 13:03

just a few points.

i'm not sure you understand what "exception that proves the rule" actually means, and you've used it so you can conveniently dismiss the signing of cisse to continue your rant. god forbid something didn't fit in with your views, best to just call it an exception.

secondly you refer to "how WE do business" and then slag cam off saying "it's not THEIR club anymore"... make your mind up mate

and finally, you claim the only people who know anything about our transfers are mike and decka, and then you claim to know exactly what our policies are - "selling club", "ability is secondary".... make your mind up again

were you trying to contradict yourself in every possible way here?

Hardly a rant but anyway.

The use of exception that proves the rule is in exactly the right context. Look it up.

The use of the we was incorrect but the argument stands. The club isn't ours. FACT.

If you re read what I said I said Mike and Decka are the only people who know what transfers are happening i.e. who is coming and going thus automatically including myself in the "not a clue" bracket so I'm not sure what your argument is.

Did you have a counter argument to any of the points I made at all?

i think you countered all of your arguments pretty well already, didn't think i could add anything more to the knots you tied yourself in :35:

btw - i think you should look up "the exception that proves the rule" mate, before you tell others to. it's just embarrassing when people misuse idioms then try and spout off about it.

I also notice you forgot about the recouping of his outlay through AC etc so I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that as well.

my thoughts on recouping his money are pretty simple. the accounts show he receives a sum. not sure what your argument is here

still wondering what that rule being disproved is over here...

I'll phrase it another way to give the option of simple answers:

Do you think we're a selling club?

Do you think our transfers are sanctioned on the basis of value at both the point of purchase and sell on?

Is the club owned by the fans?

Do you believe anybody other than DL/MA has the inside track on our transfer dealings?

come on geordie. don't go changing it, you told me to look something up when you yourself didn't have a clue how to use it correctly.

since you're in a mood for simple things, i'll simplify it for you. which of these 3 exceptions prove a rule?

"parking is prohibited on sundays"

OR

"i love cheese, except brie."

OR

"we have a poor track record in transfer windows, except when we signed cisse"

NOTE: only one exception proves a rule (and handily comes from wiki, before panda starts up)

At the end of the day, the holy trinity of Mike, Del and Pards know what they are doing, They got us to 5th last season you know.

rabit71 - 29/8/2012 13:49

come on geordie. don't go changing it, you told me to look something up when you yourself didn't have a clue how to use it correctly.

since you're in a mood for simple things, i'll simplify it for you. which of these 3 exceptions prove a rule?

"parking is prohibited on sundays"

OR

"i love cheese, except brie."

OR

"we have a poor track record in transfer windows, except when we signed cisse"

NOTE: only one exception proves a rule (and handily comes from wiki, before panda starts up)

I GR used the phrase "The exception that proves the rule" in an incorrect manner.

Will you answer my questions?

why would i answer your questions? i was just here to point out the flaws in your post and found it funny you told me to look something up when you had no clue yourself.

but feel free to trawl through any number of threads (some from over a year ago) and you'll find answers to them

rabit71 - 29/8/2012 13:56

why would i answer your questions? i was just here to point out the flaws in your post and found it funny you told me to look something up when you had no clue yourself.

but feel free to trawl through any number of threads (some from over a year ago) and you'll find answers to them

So you make minor semantic points thats that in no way counter mine.

Bravo.

just a few points.

i'm not sure you understand what "exception that proves the rule" actually means, and you've used it so you can conveniently dismiss the signing of cisse to continue your rant. god forbid something didn't fit in with your views, best to just call it an exception.

secondly you refer to "how WE do business" and then slag cam off saying "it's not THEIR club anymore"... make your mind up mate

and finally, you claim the only people who know anything about our transfers are mike and decka, and then you claim to know exactly what our policies are - "selling club", "ability is secondary".... make your mind up again

christ on a bike,..are you like this in real life mate??

**makes note never to pop into the Forth for a pint*

it's fair enough that you don't like having it pointed out when you tie yourself in knots. i don't understand why you told me to go look something up though. it smacks of you thinking you know more than you actually do. did you not get my point there? see the theme? emptiest drums and all that.

you'd think you'd be happier about this all though, i always thought they said it was bliss.

BrassyNUFC - 29/8/2012 14:19

just a few points.

christ on a bike,..are you like this in real life mate??

**makes note never to pop into the Forth for a pint*

like what? able to see someone contradicting their own points?

sure, i guess. funnily enough people seem able to take things on board better in "real life" and improve their arguments instead of throwing a hissy fit and storming off.

Geordieracer69 - 29/8/2012 11:30

Still amazes me that people are in anyway surprised at how we do business during transfer windows given our track record (Cisse being the exception that proves the rule).

I get what you mean by exception GR, but would not put Cisse in that category as Bransons donation paid for him imo.

Geordieracer69 - 29/8/2012 11:30
Slowly but surely Ashley is getting his money back. The Caroll money, sponsorship, naming rights, TV money, Europe etc etc.

Worst of all – you’re all still paying to get in week in week out.

Short memories.
This will upset the majority of the SDA attendees.

The truth is not always appreciated.

Bruce68 - 29/8/2012 13:03

Do you really believe that wotsits? I agree Van Persie seems a stupid signing on paper but as Rooney is now out for 2 months RVP might be the difference between winning something and not if he scores the goals that get Manure into the C/L then he will have paid off a large chunk of his fee. And why should we not be aiming at the top 4 we finished 5th last season and with a bit of investment we could kick on and challenge the top 4 and then our owner could get worldwide exposure for his tatty sports shops in the C/L.

Van persie is a luxury buy for a club with 700mil debts that are going up by the week.
We wont be aiming for the top 4 because we arent ready yet. To play champions league football requires a massive squad of very good players and we just arent good enough for it yet.
We have a wage cap that i agree with, long gone are the players that just signed because they were on a better contract than they could get anywhere else. The players that are here actually want to play for the club!
It has been a long time since we have been able to say that.
If you want to go back to the freddy sheperd ways of spending more than you can possibly earn back then thats your opinion, and you are completely entitled to it. My opinion is that it would be better to wait until we are financially secure and have the future of the club taken care of