Geordie Walker (NG) | Vital Football

Geordie Walker (NG)

mehmets_curlies

Vital Squad Member
Geordie was a founding member of one of my all time fav bands, Killing Joke. He, and they, were innovative and a breath of fresh in the late 70' and early 80s. Great on record and even better live(so bloody loud). Their sound was, imo, driven by Geordie's guitar. A sound that has influenced many bands, especially Metallica. He passed away yesterday at the tender age of 64. Another massive loss from the sounds of my youth. A very sad day for me. Apologies to most of you who will think...who??

Apart from the twin drums, Geordie's guitar defined Killing Joke's driving sound. Saw them with John Cooper Clarke over 40 years ago. War Dance still a massive favourite of mine.
R.I.P.

Apart from the twin drums, Geordie's guitar defined Killing Joke's driving sound. Saw them with John Cooper Clarke over 40 years ago. War Dance still a massive favourite of mine.
R.I.P.
I first saw them at the Lyceum in 80, with Discharge supporting. Saw them 2-3 more times in the 80's. Last saw them 5 years ago, with the original line up. Still fantastic live.

I first saw them at the Lyceum in 80, with Discharge supporting. Saw them 2-3 more times in the 80's. Last saw them 5 years ago, with the original line up. Still fantastic live.
Massively sad news. Loved Killing Joke since I first heard them on Peel and saw them at the Lyceum. Followed them ever since. Geordie always made a fantastically unique sound with his guitar. Last saw them at the Apollo a couple of years ago. RIP Geordie

Geordie was a founding member of one of my all time fav bands, Killing Joke. He, and they, were innovative and a breath of fresh in the late 70' and early 80s. Great on record and even better live(so bloody loud). Their sound was, imo, driven by Geordie's guitar. A sound that has influenced many bands, especially Metallica. He passed away yesterday at the tender age of 64. Another massive loss from the sounds of my youth. A very sad day for me. Apologies to most of you who will think...who??

KJ were a fantastic band, they influenced so many of my own influences and it's been a fun ride getting into them over the last decade.

Read Geordie's obituary on the Guardian site, had no idea he tried out for Faith No More (one of my top 3 bands) to replace Jim Martin, that would have been spectacular.

KJ were a fantastic band, they influenced so many of my own influences and it's been a fun ride getting into them over the last decade.

Read Geordie's obituary on the Guardian site, had no idea he tried out for Faith No More (one of my top 3 bands) to replace Jim Martin, that would have been spectacular.
I thought you might have known of him. FNM were excellent