General politics thread: | Page 38 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was clean of offences for 13 years prior to his death.

What are you, Judge Dredd? You want to see anyone with a criminal record killed?

Because you are effectively saying the death of someone who appears to be a rehabilitation success story is a good thing.

Incidentally, not one of this historic offences comes anywhere close to the death penalty; the offence (allegedly) committed by his arresting officer on the other hand...

I would seriously look at yourself on this and ask whether going down this rabbit hole of self defence is worth it just to avoid admitting you were wrong
So it is emerging at the trial that Floyd was a heroine and opiate user. Given that he was a " reformed" character but unemployed, have you any thoughts on where the money to buy this stuff was coming from?

So it is emerging at the trial that Floyd was a heroine and opiate user. Given that he was a " reformed" character but unemployed, have you any thoughts on where the money to buy this stuff was coming from?

He and his girlfriend became addicted to opioids (painkillers) four years previously after they were prescribed for chronic pain. Opioid addiction is an absolute epidemic in America across all races and classes.

In 2019 50,000 Americans died from Opioid misuse; they estimate around 2m Americans suffer from Opioid addiction coming from an original prescription, and another 650,000 suffer Heroin misuse that has resulted from that (with overlap). I haven't read anything about Floyd and heroin.

What does the trial say about that? Was he charged with a crime?

He was a working man; this might surprise you but lots of working people actually function with drug addictions. Like I say- best part of 2 million Americans and they aren't all the poorest people either.

He and his girlfriend became addicted to opioids (painkillers) four years previously after they were prescribed for chronic pain. Opioid addiction is an absolute epidemic in America across all races and classes.

In 2019 50,000 Americans died from Opioid misuse; they estimate around 2m Americans suffer from Opioid addiction coming from an original prescription, and another 650,000 suffer Heroin misuse that has resulted from that (with overlap). I haven't read anything about Floyd and heroin.

He was a working man; this might surprise you but lots of working people actually function with drug addictions. Like I say- best part of 2 million Americans and they aren't all the poorest people either.
All very true, but i was responding to your crititism of my post calling it badly researched and claiming that Floyd was a reformed character who had not offended for 13 years. So i will ask you again, where do you suppose the money to feed his habit came from.

Last edited:

Not sure where this line of enquiry ends? Is ok to kill people on opioids? tbf its not like that will help the defense, if the guy was on opioids why the need for 3 coppers, he must of (for map) needed all his energy just to be on his feet. Had he been pumped full of stimulants there might have been justification for restraint.

All very true, but i was respoding to your crititism of my post calling it badly researched and claiming that Floyd was a reformed character who had not offended for 13 years. So i will ask you again, where do you suppose the money to feed his habit came from.
Your post was badly researched.

I suppose he got it from his paid employment, as most American functioning opioid addicts do.

Can you show differently? Because you can't from actual arrest records

[NQUOTE="radfordinlondon, post: 2786958, member: 9022"]Not sure where this line of enquiry ends? Is ok to kill people on opioids? tbf its not like that will help the defense, if the guy was on opioids why the need for 3 coppers, he must of (for map) needed all his energy just to be on his feet. Had he been pumped full of stimulants there might have been justification for restraint.[/QUOTE]
Never said its ok to kill anybody.

[NQUOTE="radfordinlondon, post: 2786958, member: 9022"]Not sure where this line of enquiry ends? Is ok to kill people on opioids? tbf its not like that will help the defense, if the guy was on opioids why the need for 3 coppers, he must of (for map) needed all his energy just to be on his feet. Had he been pumped full of stimulants there might have been justification for restraint.
Never said its ok to kill anybody.[/QUOTE]
You said the world was a better place without him in it.

That is tacit approval

Your post was badly researched.

I suppose he got it from his paid employment, as most American functioning opioid addicts do.

Can you show differently? Because you can't from actual arrest records
Well given that a member of his own community called the police because he thought he passed a forged note? You have made your mind up on this Pope and i have made up mine, lets leave it at that shall we.

Well given that a member of his own community called the police because he thought he passed a forged note? You have made your mind up on this Pope and i have made up mine, lets leave it at that shall we.
I don't have a clue why the police would be called for a simple forged $20.

Have you ever used a fake banknote or coin? I bet you have and didn't even know it. Imagine having three police officers descend on you with guns for that?

The opioids really have nothing to do with it do they?

I don't have a clue why the police would be called for a simple forged $20.

Have you ever used a fake banknote or coin? I bet you have and didn't even know it. Imagine having three police officers descend on you with guns for that?

The opioids really have nothing to do with it do they?
I have no idea either but i wonder if the ( looked to me) school aged shop assistant was threatened when he very bravely went out to his vehicle and challenged him about it?

Overdosed on heroin 2 months before the arrest. ( defence lawyer at the trial).

Overdosed on heroin 2 months before the arrest. ( defence lawyer at the trial).
There is an overlap between Opioid addiction and heroin.

What difference does this fact make to three officers pulling a gun on a man who unknowingly used a fake $20 and then murdering him by kneeling on his neck for 9 minutes?

I thought you were ducking out of this one? Or does that only apply when you feel your argument is on the ropes?

There is an overlap between Opioid addiction and heroin.

What difference does this fact make to three officers pulling a gun on a man who unknowingly used a fake $20 and then murdering him by kneeling on his neck for 9 minutes?

I thought you were ducking out of this one? Or does that only apply when you feel your argument is on the ropes?
What argument may that be? It is my opinion that Floyd was a bad man. What else is in my narrative?

I have no idea either but i wonder if the ( looked to me) school aged shop assistant was threatened when he very bravely went out to his vehicle and challenged him about it?

If youve truly never jumped a red light, never speeded, never shoplifted as a child, never called someone a racist name, never got drunk and disorderly, never regularly taken coffee or wine then you aint human. If you have done any of them then youre a scurge on society and should be hung drawn and quartered.
I wouldnt bat an eye if you were hung, drawn and quartered, but thats just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.