General Football thread | Page 485 | Vital Football

General Football thread

It would have been much better for the majority of football fans if the TV 6 had gone off & formed their so called super league and left proper football for the rest of us
I've started thinking this too, but it would kill the Premier League also.
The sad fact is, every club wants to be in that TV 6. That's what the aim is.

Aguilera did everything but score for Exeter last week. Exeter only survived going into administration because they managed a draw against Man Utd and took them back to St James’s Park in FA Cup. This bunking of FACup and FL cup is to reduce games for clubs in European competition. Really. So why are those same clubs going off to play each other in USA? Teams like Man City have squad rotation. They have £100m players sitting on the bench. Resting. Come off it. It is about money, shirt sales and televised games. Are you really wanting to watch Celta Brondinski v Real Dragon puff?

I've started thinking this too, but it would kill the Premier League also.
The sad fact is, every club wants to be in that TV 6. That's what the aim is.
Agree with this, as much as the top 6 have a monopoly on the Premier league we all want to be in it just so we can beat them.
The joy of beating one of them is ten times that of beating a lower team.

I agree up to a point, but generally I just want Forest to win, who we beat is not so important
I want forest to compete (whether thats just participating in a league thats dominated by a handful of teams...with the off-chance of beating one of them) at the highest level possible.

If Man U, City, Arsenal, Spurs, Scouse and Chelsea left, then, by definition, we'd be participating in an inferior league.

Got to say since we were promoted the wins against Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and even the draw against City far outshone any other win.
Them days were special....
Precisely. If there is nothing left to dream of or aim towards, whats the point?

The rot started a few years ago when Manchester United decided they weren't going to take part in the FA cup one particular season (I forget which one sorry) because they had other priorities. This totally undermined the competition in my opinion and I don't think it's ever recovered. The decision to scrap replays only benefits the big clubs yet again.

The rot started a few years ago when Manchester United decided they weren't going to take part in the FA cup one particular season (I forget which one sorry) because they had other priorities. This totally undermined the competition in my opinion and I don't think it's ever recovered. The decision to scrap replays only benefits the big clubs yet again.
did they do the world club competition thing ?

I think it would have been massively beneficial to us this season, and I don't consider us a big/protected club.

This record will take some beating after Vitesse got deducted 18 points, when they only had 17 to begin with.
414u107xagvc1.jpeg

Dyche presser suggests DCL, Branthwaite and Gueye fit for Sunday

They will buy as many set pieces from Yates as possible and score at least 2 from the 3 above winning headers. Murillo will get murdered in the air.

Boly would've made a difference but is only fit for Ivory Coast. Taiwo might have saved us if he could physically cope with the PL.

Convinced Luton will beat Brentford and we'll be in the shit before we even play. I want to be wrong but this horrific season looks to be ending only one way. We don't have the stones to save ourselves.

They will buy as many set pieces from Yates as possible and score at least 2 from the 3 above winning headers. Murillo will get murdered in the air.

Boly would've made a difference but is only fit for Ivory Coast. Taiwo might have saved us if he could physically cope with the PL.

Convinced Luton will beat Brentford and we'll be in the shit before we even play. I want to be wrong but this horrific season looks to be ending only one way. We don't have the stones to save ourselves.
Not unless he scores an own goal winner against us next week chap.