General Football thread | Page 476 | Vital Football

General Football thread

I agree, Everton will waste some points but collect more elsewhere, the derby etc. but they have a cusion now. Think Luton will lose to wolves, Everton and West Ham, maybe get a result of some kind against Fulham and Brentford

We just need to beat Burnley and blunts, maybe get a point back and we will be safe. GD is in our favour too now

I agree, Everton will waste some points but collect more elsewhere, the derby etc. but they have a cusion now. Think Luton will lose to wolves, Everton and West Ham, maybe get a result of some kind against Fulham and Brentford

We just need to beat Burnley and blunts, maybe get a point back and we will be safe. GD is in our favour too now
We still have to play man shitty though.

In some ways it's good news that it's most likely us v Luton.

Everton game not do or die

Takes a bit off pressure off

But would be great of course to get some kind of result at Everton even though I believe it's us V Luton now in reality

Only if we WIN at Everton are they back in the mix with us IMO

And we know that's highly unlikely - based on our season to date - expecting too much

If they somehow surprise us then it's just an amazing bonus I'm not expecting and we've dragged Everton back into it

But without a win there I'm sure it's us v Luton

Looking at Luton's remaining games- Brentford (h), Wolves (a), Everton (h), W Ham (a), Fulham (h).

I wouldn't be too surprised to see them take points in any of those games. I think they would be happy enough with those fixtures and will be right up for it.

Worried.

He’d be a great fit there - excellent move for him

Start of a bidding war

London clubs and possibly Liverpool and Man City will all show an interest

Maybe even overseas big clubs

World's his oyster

Hes a Top 5 player in Premier League right now

Fair play to Cooper for holding out for us to get him (by all accounts).

England call up MUST be coming so

He's worth more to us than whatever Villa sold Grealish to Man City for IMO

We need to stay up to have any chance of one more season with us

Or at least to maximise what we can sell him for

I could see he was special the first games he played for us as could a few more on here I remember

But not all

Looking at Luton's remaining games- Brentford (h), Wolves (a), Everton (h), W Ham (a), Fulham (h).

I wouldn't be too surprised to see them take points in any of those games. I think they would be happy enough with those fixtures and will be right up for it.

Worried.
I agree with that, but what needs to be taken into account is the usual thing in any sport that the nearer you get to the finishing line the more the pressure builds (see Arsenal & Liverpool yesterday) & the most difficult thing is actually to get across the line. Up to now Luton have been able to play without the burden of expectation, but now the prize is actually in sight that pressure will come, & it remains to be seen whether they can cope with that. Look what happened in the one recent game they were expected to win (v Sheff U at home) they lost 3-1

We still have to play man shitty though.

Yes, the first thing we need to do is make sure we don't let a bucketful of goals in, especially against Man City. We can't afford to lose our goal difference advantage. Assuming we don't fall to pieces in any game we are effectively one and a half points in front of Luton, so one more win for us means they need to win two games, or get one win and two draws. If we could win two they would need three wins, or two wins and two draws from their last five games. Let's hope for a decent result on Sunday, as we certainly don't want to be chewing our nails on the last day.

Man city will be mindful of their own goal difference. It isn't as good as Arsenal's and only three better than Liverpool.
Let’s hope they and Arsenal progress, as the semi final of CL is the game after they play us.

I think the Brighton game is their next league game before us on the Thursday, so they have a lot of games now before the end of the season

In some ways it's good news that it's most likely us v Luton.

Everton game not do or die

Takes a bit off pressure off

But would be great of course to get some kind of result at Everton even though I believe it's us V Luton now in reality

Only if we WIN at Everton are they back in the mix with us IMO

And we know that's highly unlikely - based on our season to date - expecting too much

If they somehow surprise us then it's just an amazing bonus I'm not expecting and we've dragged Everton back into it

But without a win there I'm sure it's us v Luton
I'm with you, its NFFC vs EFC...or maybe LTFC.

Worried.

I think there have been a few posts about that idea that Luton are doing well this season and getting the results, but the facts are that they are on 25 points from 33 games, so 0.75 points per game. 5 games to go and their form over 33 games suggest 3.75 points, so to end on 29. We have won 30 points from 33 so 0.9 per game.

I still think we will end up 31 or 32 points and Luton will get to 29.

If it wasn’t for points deductions it would be almost all over

Luton are shit, we just need to be less shit for a bit longer

I think there have been a few posts about that idea that Luton are doing well this season and getting the results, but the facts are that they are on 25 points from 33 games, so 0.75 points per game. 5 games to go and their form over 33 games suggest 3.75 points, so to end on 29. We have won 30 points from 33 so 0.9 per game.

I still think we will end up 31 or 32 points and Luton will get to 29.

If it wasn’t for points deductions it would be almost all over

Luton are shit, we just need to be less shit for a bit longer
Absolutely bang on

How Luton have managed to keep Barkley fit for the season is a minor miracle, I think without him they would have been gone several games back. Maybe we should be poaching their fitness & medical staff to fix our bunch of crocks.

How Luton have managed to keep Barkley fit for the season is a minor miracle, I think without him they would have been gone several games back. Maybe we should be poaching their fitness & medical staff to fix our bunch of crocks.
They're banking on him playing the last 5, thats for sure.

Luton have had their share of injuries. May it continue.