General Football thread | Page 458 | Vital Football

General Football thread

Think those are valid questions tbh

Not trying to be an arse

Just wondered
They are legitimate questions. The conspiracy theorists on here have so many overlapping and inconsistent conspiracies that, like Schrodinger's Cat, involve Luton Town staying up yet at the same time, losing, or Liverpool being allowed to win a trophy in Klopp's final season (hence having the ball wrongly given back to them in the 97th minute of a game in which they have failed to score) yet at the same time having their "goal" in normal time against Chelsea being chalked off for a questionable offside. These are all wheels within wheels.

The alternative explanation, that Forest lose games through a combination of not playing very well and being unlucky, gets little airtime on Vital .

They are legitimate questions. The conspiracy theorists on here have so many overlapping and inconsistent conspiracies that, like Schrodinger's Cat, involve Luton Town staying up yet at the same time, losing, or Liverpool being allowed to win a trophy in Klopp's final season (hence having the ball wrongly given back to them in the 97th minute of a game in which they have failed to score) yet at the same time having their "goal" in normal time against Chelsea being chalked off for a questionable offside. These are all wheels within wheels.

The alternative explanation, that Forest lose games through a combination of not playing very well and being unlucky, gets little airtime on Vital .
You are so fucking boring!

You run off as soon as your own hypocrisy is pointed out to you and you offer absolutely bugger all yourself.

How can you follow a sport like football so emotionlessly?

I'm absolutely great thanks, how are you?
Absolutely fine, despite not wearing a tin foil hat of the sort that leaves the wearer capable of several inconsistent opinions at the same time, and to be distributed with swearing and abuse for no good reason. Are you doing the match thread tomorrow?

Absolutely fine, despite not wearing a tin foil hat of the sort that leaves the wearer capable of several inconsistent opinions at the same time, and to be distributed with swearing and abuse for no good reason. Are you doing the match thread tomorrow?
Let me just check I understand the meaning of your post:

"[Insult]+[belittling opinion]+[untrue accusation]

Oh, would you like to spend an hour+ of your Friday researching and writing a match thread for me to read and enjoy?"

Alleged leaked conversations in Brazil relating to scarpa.

Not happy at his new club and regrets joining them.

they should leave him alone. the chap just wants to skateboard and do rubics cube and all this football just gets in the way of that...

As Scarpa well knows, "Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth."

(Dostoevsky; "Crime and Punishment")

Let me just check I understand the meaning of your post:

"[Insult]+[belittling opinion]+[untrue accusation]

Oh, would you like to spend an hour+ of your Friday researching and writing a match thread for me to read and enjoy?"

It's OK. Don't bother then. I'll find out my own weather in Luton.
I am bored of your rude drivel, so thought I'd block you, but don't want to block the match thread. Put your feet up and let the rest of us get on with it.

It's OK. Don't bother then. I'll find out my own weather in Luton.
I am bored of your rude drivel, so thought I'd block you, but don't want to block the match thread. Put your feet up and let the rest of us get on with it.
Well if you wanted to motivate me to write one, you should have started with that.

I'm pleased you aren't giving up your very promising career in shameless hypocrisy; it's a real talent and one of the reasons you have so many fervant fans on this forum

Well if you wanted to motivate me to write one, you should have started with that.

I'm pleased you aren't giving up your very promising career in shameless hypocrisy; it's a real talent and one of the reasons you have so many fervant fans on this forum
I think you mean "fervent"

Poor old Pope; desperate to be needed. Complains that I am imposing on him to, "spend an hour+ of your Friday researching and writing a match thread for me to read and enjoy?", but when I'm not, then wants to do it, so that then he has a place to dish out his contradictory opinions in a patronising way, and then be rude when they are criticised. Let's hope that his "fervant" fans don't tire him out too much- here's a start: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcpxns1mn#?date=2024-03-16

Who are you trying to kid? You woke up and fancied trying to provoke an argument 😂

No just making a point.

Can you possibly imagine the scrutiny we would give the ref and VAR in a game we are leading 3-0 at half time and then concede 4 in second half to lose?

Anything we could blame on somebody else we would do. A throw in the wrong way would be the final nail in the conspiracy theory

I've no idea if Luton fans think there's a conspiracy against them as well

But surely there's some refs decisions second half in that game gone against them?

Like happens to us?

Just wondered if they blame refs and VAR like we do for being near the bottom?

No just making a point.

Can you possibly imagine the scrutiny we would give the ref and VAR in a game we are leading 3-0 at half time and then concede 4 in second half to lose?

Anything we could blame on somebody else we would do. A throw in the wrong way would be the final nail in the conspiracy theory

But surely there's some refs decisions second half in that game gone against them?

Like happens to us?

i think some of the problem is that ours seem to have happened week in week out since Christmas.
That could, and probably is just down to bad luck all coming at once, but it doesn't half encourage the conspiracy theories.

No just making a point.

Like happens to us?

Luton have had many borderline decisions go their way. Luton play a very robust game and seem to get rub of the green quite often.

Darren England in charge (he of foamy Toney fame). There is a difference between contentious decisions going against one, wrong decisions going against one, incorrect ruling being against one and not seeing blatant cheating.

No just making a point.

Like happens to us?

As far as I'm aware, the result of the Luton game was free of referee controversy. Luton did get 10 minutes extra time to try and find an equaliser, if you want to play this game.

I don't know why you're upset about fans on a forum being upset about a plethora of really poor refereeing going against us. If any other team in the league had the decisions we've had since Nuno took over, they'd be kicking up a fuss too.

This narrative of a conspiracy theory. It's being overstated. Nobody is really suggesting the PL and PGMOL are meeting in secret rooms wearing cultists robes and plotting the downfall of NFFC.

I think there's a certain amount of sense in saying subconscious bias might be filtering through. Neutrals want the fairytale of Luton surviving, and we're the ones they're chasing, which means neutrals want us to lose games. Referees are just normal blokes who are into their football, and probably would like that same fairytale as everyone else. It doesn't have to be a deliberate thing, but just the benefit of the doubt going against us. Then VAR hasn't been overturning it because it's not clear and obvious enough.

What I do know is the string of terrible decisions that have gone against us is mathematically unlikely to just be rank incompetence - thats a 50/50 split. As I've said before, sit and flip a coin. See how many attempts you have to make to get 8 or 9 heads from 10 coin flips. Hint: it won't be quick.

As far as I'm aware, the result of the Luton game was free of referee controversy. Luton did get 10 minutes extra time to try and find an equaliser, if you want to play this game.

I don't know why you're upset about fans on a forum being upset about a plethora of really poor refereeing going against us. If any other team in the league had the decisions we've had since Nuno took over, they'd be kicking up a fuss too.

This narrative of a conspiracy theory. It's being overstated. Nobody is really suggesting the PL and PGMOL are meeting in secret rooms wearing cultists robes and plotting the downfall of NFFC.

I think there's a certain amount of sense in saying subconscious bias might be filtering through. Neutrals want the fairytale of Luton surviving, and we're the ones they're chasing, which means neutrals want us to lose games. Referees are just normal blokes who are into their football, and probably would like that same fairytale as everyone else. It doesn't have to be a deliberate thing, but just the benefit of the doubt going against us. Then VAR hasn't been overturning it because it's not clear and obvious enough.

What I do know is the string of terrible decisions that have gone against us is mathematically unlikely to just be rank incompetence - thats a 50/50 split. As I've said before, sit and flip a coin. See how many attempts you have to make to get 8 or 9 heads from 10 coin flips. Hint: it won't be quick.
I agree with your argument re conspiracy theorists. We are on a run of crucial decisions going against us. They are not all of refs making but are a mixed bag.

Couple of poor ref decisions that VAR was unable to over rule despite it being seen. Boly and Toney.

Ref not giving foul and VAR not seeing it as obvious error. Awoniyi v Newcastle, Varane v Man U.

Less explainable is ref not knowing rules, Liverpool.

VAR not seeing Williams pen WHU or multiple reasons for red card on Williams Brighton.

There has also been several incidents of VAR not even having a look on some very debatable exchanges.