General Football thread | Page 454 | Vital Football

General Football thread

When it comes to sporting advantage, I'd be interested to know what the losses were for other teams in that 3 year rolling period. Due to our reduced limits, we may well have the smallest losses in the league and still be in breach. Even our fellow promoted teams, Bournemouth and Fulham, were both afforded more wiggle room than us due to previous top flight campaigns.

It would be hard to say Forest gained a sporting advantage whilst having less to play with than anyone else. At worst, we reduced the disadvantage by breaching PSR.
There are rumours that Leicester would have failed had they stayed in the Prem which could make things interesting when they come up…

There are rumours that Leicester would have failed had they stayed in the Prem which could make things interesting when they come up…
Just been looking through Leicester's filed accounts; they should have failed last season

The latest accounts have not been filed but for the previous three years the losses were:
2022: 92.4m
2021: 31.2m
2020: 60m

183m over the three years

I have a feeling they will make a profit in the accounts yet to be filed as the Madison deal went through before the end of June.

To give you an idea of the fucking hypocrisy of the press; Leicester have three deals with McQuaries Bank, for up front payment of transfers which include Madison and Barnes, and not one word of it made the paper's

Just been looking through Leicester's filed accounts; they should have failed last season

The latest accounts have not been filed but for the previous three years the losses were:
2022: 92.4m
2021: 31.2m
2020: 60m

183m over the three years

I have a feeling they will make a profit in the accounts yet to be filed as the Madison deal went through before the end of June.

To give you an idea of the fucking hypocrisy of the press; Leicester have three deals with McQuaries Bank, for up front payment of transfers which include Madison and Barnes, and not one word of it made the paper's
I think there were allowable losses due to covid which could be deducted. Everton tried to claim a lot more than most which put the spot light on them.

Wonder what we were allowed...

I think there were allowable losses due to covid which could be deducted. Everton tried to claim a lot more than most which put the spot light on them.

We will be allowed whatever they can allow us for us to fail.

Yes, the two problems which have come to the fore during this tawdry issue, relate to the lack of transparency in who is allowed what allowance and the ad hoc nature surrounding the imposition of penalties.

Why were Leics not charged last year? They were well over the £105m loss 3 year mark. Even allowing for covid etc they were. Well over. Everton were charged even if penalty didn’t arrive till late in 23. It is the lack of transparency including allowance plus timetable and penalties.

It is bad for the sport. Leics selling their silver, got relegated and still in the muck suggests more than just poor management.

WBA Johnson, on loan from Celtic, has scored a cracker for the third game running. All very similar. Playing on left wing. Dribbles past two players cuts in to midfield hits it from 25 yards, top corner. The first two included a nutmeg but last nights he just beat them with skill. QPR denied blatant pen, on the goal line handball. How do they miss the blatantly obvious.

Thats easy
All EFL clubs were allowed £5m per season - so £10m total
So even if our revenue&spend is 5 times that of Luton in the same league we were allowed the same.
In context Everton claimed losses of £220m (highest in the EPL) - this was challenged as part of their breach
Man City claimed £150m - that was OK though
The whole system is corrupt

Thats easy
All EFL clubs were allowed £5m per season - so £10m total
So even if our revenue&spend is 5 times that of Luton in the same league we were allowed the same.
In context Everton claimed losses of £220m (highest in the EPL) - this was challenged as part of their breach
Man City claimed £150m - that was OK though
The whole system is corrupt
The more bits & pieces that keep coming into the public domain, the more the whole thing stinks of corruption, big club bias & the rest. It's time for some sort of public enquiry into the whole thing from top to bottom including the PGMOL.

It really is spoiling the enjoyment of being in the PL which when you think how long we have struggled to get to the promised land we now find that isn't flowing milk & honey, but knee deep in excrement with only a handful of clubs allowed the waders to get through it without any sticking

It really is spoiling the enjoyment of being in the PL which when you think how long we have struggled to get to the promised land we now find that isn't flowing milk & honey, but knee deep in excrement with only a handful of clubs allowed the waders to get through it without any sticking
I like the analogy - I can use that in one of my business presentations - thanks

WBA Johnson, on loan from Celtic, has scored a cracker for the third game running. All very similar. Playing on left wing. Dribbles past two players cuts in to midfield hits it from 25 yards, top corner. The first two included a nutmeg but last nights he just beat them with skill. QPR denied blatant pen, on the goal line handball. How do they miss the blatantly obvious.
If only they had VAR - that would rid the game of all controversy