Gay Footballer - 'I had to leave football' | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gay Footballer - 'I had to leave football'

I find the use of the word Queenie offensive and uncalled for. Very few gay men are camp in their behavior. Just because they are the ones you notice does not mean they represent the whole population.

Opposition fans would be slagging him off for being Amercian or shit or whatever. I don't see that slagging him off for being gay is any different but maybe I'm wrong. Randy, is it different?

of cause there are gay players and why would they want to come out? to be abused week in, week out over there sexuality, quite sad really in this day and age.

im not a fan of gay bashing and think it really says a lot about those doing it, most likely see the gay person as an easy target or someone who wont fight back. i have known gay people from all walks of life, from builders, soldiers and through to bikers, have a bit of a banter with them and always generally stick up for them (gay blokes and gay women). wasnt that long ago a couple of gay women bikers were getting abuse from their neighbours ... until a few bikers turned up. as i said easy targets.

I wouldn't care if a player was gay.

But think of some of the Mongols who go to games? They'd use it to sing about all game and bore/anger the rest of us to death.

That is the problem aspinall, it is some of the Neanderthals and then crowds can be like sheep, a few do something and many blindly follow.

One of Ireland's top hurling players, Dónal Óg Cusack, came out a while back. The attached article gives a slightly different slant on things.

In a shock revelation, homosexual Donal Og O'Cusack has stunned the Gay community by coming out as a GAA player.
The 35 year old gay man revealed in his biography that he has in fact spent many years playing as a hurling goal-keeper on the Cork County Team.

Full article at - http://www.oxygen.ie/homosexual_comes_out_as_gaa_player.PAGE2649.html

randy.stand - 30/3/2013 11:10

3. " Queenies" don't ogle on their friends. If you know their straight, then FFS as if you would go for that.

I don't want to undermine your argument RS, but I would have no problem at all ogling some of my mates if they were lesbians. lol.

I am sure most men would be the same.

:15: :15:

lol..... love it... some interesting insights into the world of homosexuality there..... love the use of the term queenie

I agree with JF . It's all a question of maturity .Gareth Thomas came out and it didn't , as far as I know cause him to much angst , but then again the rugby "set" is a bit more civilised from your average footballer/ football crowd. I mean who remembers Robbie Fowler showing his arse to Graham Le Saux , absolutley pathetic.

By the way the rumour Le Saux was gay started because he apparently read the Guardian which gives a good insight into the footballers mentality.

BBJ - 30/3/2013 15:12

One of Ireland's top hurling players, Dónal Óg Cusack, came out a while back. The attached article gives a slightly different slant on things.

In a shock revelation, homosexual Donal Og O'Cusack has stunned the Gay community by coming out as a GAA player.
The 35 year old gay man revealed in his biography that he has in fact spent many years playing as a hurling goal-keeper on the Cork County Team.

Full article at - http://www.oxygen.ie/homosexual_comes_out_as_gaa_player.PAGE2649.html

:1:

sirdennis - 30/3/2013 18:59

By the way the rumour Le Saux was gay started because he apparently read the Guardian which gives a good insight into the footballers mentality.

hahahaha Never heard that before, brilliant.

Most sensible people wouldn't give a toss but in the heat of the moment may refer to it just as an easy stereotype like most things in life.

However, not everybody is sensible. Tracy Andrews, Dwight Yorke chants for example.