Game of Thrones | Vital Football

Game of Thrones

ManxMag

Vital 1st Team Regular
Can't believe I am the first to mention this. If you haven't watched last night's episode yet, don't read on.

Even though I have read the books twice, I still wasn't prepared for that. Shocking brutality and brilliantly done. Heartbreaking even though I expected it. Fuck knows what the non-book readers must have thought? Walder Frey and Roose Bolton. What a pair of *****.

Fantastic television.

Its downloaded but haven't seen it yet. Waiting on daughter to watch episodes 27 and 28 before we watch 29 in the next few days. I've read the books so as soon as i knew the name of the episode i knew this one was going to be a cracker.

It was mad, I haven't read the books so I wasn't expecting it in the slightest, especially not in the manner it was done. I think they pulled it off well, an incredibly brutal and emotional scene although I see some people have complained about it being "too gory".

It was the biggest shock I've had watching TV since Ned Stark got his head lopped off, brilliant telly

From the moment the doors closed and the music stopped my eyes got bigger waiting for what would come. Didn''t expect them to die though...all of them.

It was gory allright Eddict! Not sure they could have done it any other way though. I reckon life was short and typically ended in a gory fashion in days of yore. I don't want to rub it in OM but this is the best series yet in my opinion.

Aye everyone seems to raving about it on Facebook. Gonna have to get hold of it somehow. My current lap too and PC are shite though so will have to ask a mate with Sky Atlantic.

I have been looking for something to replace my weekly Wire fix and have settled for The Sopranos ( iknow i am about 5 years out of date) so is this series worth a look then, what is the storyline? I am taking by the title that it is historical?

Bruce68 - 4/6/2013 14:25

I have been looking for something to replace my weekly Wire fix and have settled for The Sopranos ( iknow i am about 5 years out of date) so is this series worth a look then, what is the storyline? I am taking by the title that it is historical?

Yes, it's kind of set in the past, although it's fantasy, like there's dragons, magic and that kind of stuff. It is very good, slightly comparable to Lord of the Rings with some tits thrown in. As for the story line, it follows a few different stories, and each episode might focus on maybe 3 of them. It's quite odd as their isn't really a main character but I like it as it keeps things fresh, cutting from story to story. In a brief sentence without giving too much away, it's essentially the struggles of several different families to take over Westeros (The place where most of the story is set).

bruce, the description so well given by eddict and one I could hope to give would probably not appeal to me. I don't do tv much and the fantasy type themes don't do it for me but as one of the people who went on about the wire so many years ago I suggest you get a hold of this as I like it more than the wire...and that is saying something.

HBO are in a class of their own right now and this is outstanding tv. HAve a look on Internationalmoviedatebase (IMDB.com) and click top television and you'll see scores out of ten given by thousands of people. rightly so the wire, Game of thrones and arrested development are right up there.

I think of it as a medieaval swords and sorcery power struggle for a kingdom. BUt the twist is there is a load of fantasy stuf in there too: zombies, dragons, big fuck off wolf dogs and other creepy shit going on. Everyone likes killing people and they all shag like rabbits but that's just a bonus. It's essentially a political power struggle. You don;t need to be into the fantasy stuff to like it. I converted a few poeple who said they weren't into that sort of stuff and they've ended up addicted; but it's the intrigue and back stabbing where it's at its best I think.

Buy the first two boxsets Bruce, get six bottles of wine or whatever your posion is and sit down and watch the lot. You won't be dispappointed.

Will definitely give it a go lads, and TC i thnk it may have been you who put me onto the Wire, which was without doubt the best tv series i have ever watched. I am enjoying The Sopranos (half way through series 3)but it is not as good as the Wire imo.