F'wood vs Sheff Wed | Vital Football

F'wood vs Sheff Wed

Anyone else signed up for this?
Couldn't face the text delay on BBC so went all in.

Personally, I'll be following it with interest, but will try not to get too worked up about it and will watch the Champs League game and try to just keep a cursory eye on the Fleetwood match.

I thought it may be on Sky, but I see that they've gone for the highly relevant match between relegated Barnsley and mid-table, nothing to play for Blackpool!

I imagine we'll hear what match in League One on Saturday will be covered tonight or tomorrow, but even if promotion for Rotherham and relegation for us is on the match, don't presume that it'll be on as they are likely to go for a less important game, because a team bigger than us/Rotherham is involved.

I imagine we'll hear what match in League One on Saturday will be covered tonight or tomorrow, but even if promotion for Rotherham and relegation for us is on the match, don't presume that it'll be on as they are likely to go for a less important game, because a team bigger than us/Rotherham is involved.

Subject to the result at Fleetwood tonight leaving GFC with a chance of staying up, i`d have thought that GFC v Rotherham or Morecambe v Sunderland would be the two stand-out games for TV. For GFC - add in the North-South element and the possibility of a twat-show by the SOB and how could Sky Sports look the other way .... :dev:

Subject to the result at Fleetwood tonight leaving GFC with a chance of staying up, i`d have thought that GFC v Rotherham or Morecambe v Sunderland would be the two stand-out games for TV. For GFC - add in the North-South element and the possibility of a twat-show by the SOB and how could Sky Sports look the other way .... :dev:

But I do wonder, if there's anything on a game involving Sunderland, Sky will go for that, even if it's not as well teed up as our game could be (i.e. relegation v automatic promotion)? Sky and TV companies have form for this - I remember there being a stat a few years ago (when the record did finally come to an end) of every Man Utd FA Cup match being shown live by one of the channels for 10 years. I recall some really uninteresting ones like Man Utd at home to Reading, which is of no interest to anyone other than either team, but the number of Man Utd armchair fans would've made it statistically worthwhile for the TV company. Sunderland aint Man Utd, but with 30,000 average home attendances, 28+K will miss out on getting to the match - that alone (let alone their exile, floating and armchair fans who don't go) is surely going to significantly up the TV figures for a League One match, which surely even at a crunch last match aren't going to be great.