Further Investment | Vital Football

Further Investment

Equals a further £320,000.

I note the investment (I presume) from Harvey Jabara was logged at Companies House on 24 June, 1,540,000 50p shares = £770,000.

With the 1,000,000 shares (£500,000) allotted to Jay Wright on 29 April, that takes the total investment in the holding company in the form of equity to £1,590,000 in the last three months.

Fantastic support from our directors and investors.

It’s just a fantastic time to be an Imp after so many bleak years of struggle and pain. As above, I can’t quite believe how good things are and just how lucky we are as a club to have such amazing backing from the board (as well as the fans). Didn’t really see things panning out like this a few short years ago, but I hope we are in for a long haul of positivity!

It is only a little over five years since Lincoln agreed a 'financially damaging' deal with Co-op Bank to repay the £380,000 debt that had almost sent the club to the wall. That deal was December 2015, the same month that Clive Nates was revealed as the mystery new investor.

The transformation has been incredible - some things make you blink in disbelief.

We are not still with the Co-op bank are we? If not, I imagine they must be kicking themselves now for their "support" in the difficult times (even though they probably took what they deemed to be a sensible business decision at the time).

I have a feeling that the Co-op were pretty patient with us for quite a long time. I don't know, but I always had the impression that until the calling in of the overdraft they had quite a benevolent relationship with us.

I have a feeling that the Co-op were pretty patient with us for quite a long time. I don't know, but I always had the impression that until the calling in of the overdraft they had quite a benevolent relationship with us.

They hit a massive financial crunch and decided that we weren't "the profile of customer they needed" anymore...

Agree with everything above - had to smile when I read the post attached to it from a Bolton supporter.

... along the lines of... funny how some directors still insist on equity funding rather than all the apparent advantages of secured investments against clubs assets.

I wonder if Clive and the board should contact Wanderers to get some tips...

Because the club and it's departments are so well run, with an obvious common purpose and philosophy, these cash investments have much more impact at our club than they would at most other clubs.

The board may not be able to compete with some clubs and their headline figures but don't they just make every penny worth double. You can bet every investment is carefully prepared and strategically implemented for maximum benefit; as if it's a move in a game of chess.

Nothing seems to be ill thought out, speculative or done in a panic. Not only that, by keeping the debt under control the money goes even further.