Funeral Songs!? | Vital Football

Funeral Songs!?

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Just looked through my file folder with guarantees etc in. I thought I'd have a quick check of my will, make sure that was all ok and had forgotten I'd written this...

'If I die of a heart attack, I want Fergal Sharkey's 'A good heart is hard to find' song played at my funeral'

Might as well go out with a giggle!

Also wondered, does anyone else have funeral songs? Mine (if not the above) are The Smiths Asleep.. Motorhead Ace Of Spades then when I got to be burned to a cinder Light My Fire The Doors...!

Alive by Pearl Jam

Dead Again by Type O Negative

Hellbound by Pantera

The Terminator 2 theme music as I'm being lowered into the ground

and finally Rock You Like a Hurricane by Scorpions at the end just for the laugh!

Yes we have our funeral pre payment plans in place with our funeral arrangements in and songs to be played. Mr KK's will be our wedding songs and the Welsh national Anthem. Mine will be our wedding songs and Forever Young by Bob Dylan. The wedding songs are 9 million bicycles in Beijing (Katie Malleu) and Fields of Gold (Eva Cassidy)

Mine is Three Little Birds by Bob Marley. Not really very funny, but nice and jolly. "Don't worry about a thing peeps, I'll be back to haunt you soon enough"

And in serious mode, hope you fine folks who have any assets and people to leave them to have a will.

When witton lane died it was a right kerfuffle for his dad at the very worst of times for him as well (obviously)

The Fear - 5/11/2015 16:39

And in serious mode, hope you fine folks who have any assets and people to leave them to have a will.

When witton lane died it was a right kerfuffle for his dad at the very worst of times for him as well (obviously)

:1: :1: :1:

Well said JF,...... I'd like to second that...

:14:

The Fear - 5/11/2015 09:39

Yes JF we have. My Mom worked in legal all her life in a solicitor's office so that sort of thing was part of the course of learning.

Even though we are in council housing, which I was reshoused to after fleeing D.V in 2000 I and have no intention of buying it. It isn't worth it for us so we have life insurance in place to leave the youngsters instead.

It is less work for my eldest who is sole executor of our estate. My eldest is my serious stable 1. I had more than just him, the middle 2 would cause rows I can see.

All done and sorted. Agrees so many people dont realise the need for a will. You dont have to pay as solicitor to do it either. You can get the base template on line.

Ours weren't drawn up by a solicitor. It's not a complex will so I simply took the template from Mom's will and made ours saving alot of money.

I have also done it for friends to help them out. As long as you get 2 people to witness and sign it is fine

Some people say they don't like to talk about it, it tempts fate etc. It doesn't. We are all - sorry to break this news to you - going to die some day and to leave a mess and have things go into testate is so unfair on the grieving families.

They are very simple things to get sorted. I have a good contact who does them fairly cheaply if anyone wants. I also set up a power of attorney, mainly because of the way my brain aches work, so that no one else is left with the difficult choices and don't have to decide things like whether to turn the machine off or not.

It is only fair.

I would, I must admit, get them done by someone qualified.

Yes, to be fair, I did say those with assets... Phil and I could always arm wrestle for the puke stained trainers!

For years I have said I want the countdown clock as the curtains close.

Today at the funeral of Mrs T's uncle it was "Time to say goodbye" classical duet. He chose his own tunes and a humanist service.
I must update my will actually as its 17 years old.

The Fear - 5/11/2015 12:30

Some people say they don't like to talk about it, it tempts fate etc. It doesn't. We are all - sorry to break this news to you - going to die some day and to leave a mess and have things go into testate is so unfair on the grieving families.

They are very simple things to get sorted. I have a good contact who does them fairly cheaply if anyone wants. I also set up a power of attorney, mainly because of the way my brain aches work, so that no one else is left with the difficult choices and don't have to decide things like whether to turn the machine off or not.

It is only fair.

I would, I must admit, get them done by someone qualified.

If you have no experience of, or know anyone who has then I totally agree. We have 2 solicitor friends so it is easy to get things checked out through them.

1 of the joys of being in a 12 step program is you get to know people from every occupation so you always have advice on hand. Though when it comes to a few Dr's/nurses we know they always say ''I have given you an overview, now get to your GP'' which is absolutely correct.

The 1 that scares me most of we ofcourse have in the fellowship and yes I have met are airline pilots :10: