Full strength side makes the top 2 this season? | Vital Football

Full strength side makes the top 2 this season?

Irn-Bru Fleck

Vital Squad Member
I feel with the KEY players not getting bad injuries and Hecky appointed in the summer we'd easy have at least another 10 points? Just the midfield is piss poor.

Wes

Basham Egan JOC

Bogle Berge Fleck Stevens

Gibbs-White

Sharp Brewster

If just Bogle was fit and we were allowed to play just 10 games with him and Baldock at wing back I'd be almost certain of a top 6 finish. But nah. We were only allowed 2 games of that.

Hindsight wins and we'd have been well in it if without Slav.Easy to say but we are playing catch up and coping with so many absences.
If only one of our failures could come back a better player and contribte.

I feel with the KEY players not getting bad injuries and Hecky appointed in the summer we'd easy have at least another 10 points? Just the midfield is piss poor.

Wes

Basham Egan JOC

Gibbs-White

Sharp Brewster
The Fleck that was my favourite player has gone. Our midfield is mid table at best.

The history books aren't going to be kind to Slav. But I will say this, Wilder left a broken team/squad, Heckingbottom put a sticky plaster on it but essentially our attack was David McGoldrick for an entire season.

Slav during his short stint with us made us a more cohesive attacking unit, players looked visibly more confident and willing to take risks going forward. Unfortunately Slav couldn't marry that up with a defence that wasn't shambolic.

Heckingbotton was a beneficiary of inheriting a more confident attacking team than the one he handed over. There's no guarantee that if he was appointed in the summer early performances wouldn't have been like the Luton 0-0 where we did play 5-3-2, or our last two performances.

The history books aren't going to be kind to Slav. But I will say this, Wilder left a broken team/squad, Heckingbottom put a sticky plaster on it but essentially our attack was David McGoldrick for an entire season.

Slav during his short stint with us made us a more cohesive attacking unit, players looked visibly more confident and willing to take risks going forward. Unfortunately Slav couldn't marry that up with a defence that wasn't shambolic.

Heckingbotton was a beneficiary of inheriting a more confident attacking team than the one he handed over. There's no guarantee that if he was appointed in the summer early performances wouldn't have been like the Luton 0-0 where we did play 5-3-2, or our last two performances.
The ex Hero of BDBL now Boro boss seems to be doing ok,judgin where they were when Warnock left don't you think Raumy? UTB

Wes

Basham Egan JOC

Gibbs-White

Sharp Brewster
I agree 100%, even without Jack and Davies playing in his place. With Jack I think we'd even have pushed Fulham. Don't let's be fooled, the footballing gods have shit all over us yet again. It's not just the amount of injuries we've had, it's losing so many players in similar positions that's really dicked us.

I agree 100%, even without Jack and Davies playing in his place. With Jack I think we'd even have pushed Fulham. Don't let's be fooled, the footballing gods have shit all over us yet again. It's not just the amount of injuries we've had, it's losing so many players in similar positions that's really dicked us.

It begs the question why we have so many bad injuries, or are we just very unlucky?

It begs the question why we have so many bad injuries, or are we just very unlucky?
It’s a good point Aya. We did have a run under Wilder where we hardly had any serious injuries for over 2 seasons. I think Coutts was the only bad one but we’ve certainly made up for it since. They say things even themselves out. I think it’s hard to point the finger without seeing the full picture though. Only the players could do that.

Spurs 5-0 up with half an hour still to go. I bet your hubby’s having a better night tonight. :wahey:

It’s a good point Aya. We did have a run under Wilder where we hardly had any serious injuries for over 2 seasons. I think Coutts was the only bad one but we’ve certainly made up for it since. They say things even themselves out. I think it’s hard to point the finger without seeing the full picture though. Only the players could do that.

Spurs 5-0 up with half an hour still to go. I bet your hubby’s having a better night tonight. :wahey:

Yes, the whinging has almost stopped - sadly Sanchez has just appeared :LOL:

Maybe the change of manager has changed things and that's gone against us.
Billy did say that there was a remarkable increase in intensity in training as soon as Slav left.