Fulham 14 City 13
Cards
Fulham 0 City 0
On Target
Fulham 0 City 7
Woodwork
Fulham 0 City 0
Off Target
Fulham 3 City 1 (PL site has 3 Fulham shots, City 8 - City OS Fulham 0 shots City 1 off target, so confirming the PL site stat)

Attendance Behind closed doors

Compiled from Premier League and City Official Site match day threads

Links

https://www.premierleague.com/match/59169

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2020/fulham-v-manchester-city

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

• Fulham have lost 11 consecutive matches against Manchester City in all competitions and are winless in 17 since a 3-1 Premier League victory at Etihad Stadium in April 2009.
  • City have scored in each of the past 27 meetings, winning the last seven by an aggregate score of 21-0.
Manchester City

• City are on a club record run of 13 consecutive away victories in all competitions.
  • Pep Guardiola's side equals the club record of 16 successive competitive away matches unbeaten, set from January to September 1999.
  • We have won 23 of their past 24 league and cup games.
  • Manchester City dropped points in only two of their 16 league matches so far this season against teams currently in the bottom half of the table: 1-1 draws with Leeds and West Brom.
  • Guardiola has won all six competitive matches as a manager against Fulham by an aggregate score of 16-0.

22:01
'England call up would be a massive honour'
FT: Fulham 0-3 Man City

Manchester City defender John Stones speaking to Sky Sports: "Really difficult. Give a lot of credit to Fulham. The way they play their football doesn't reflect where they are in the table.

"It was really hard to find space in behind and we were trying everything. Second half we corrected a few things and its great to get three points and a clean sheet.

"We've all played so many games and the squad is rotated because of the schedule and whatever the manager decides. Everyone who came in today deserved every bit of credit they get for the way they played. We stayed patient which is difficult in moments like this."

On his goal: "We knew they kept a high line from set-pieces so I just tried to time my runs as best I could. It paid off."

On a possible England call-up being on his mind: "Yeah definitely. It's a massive honour for me and being out of the [recent] squads has been difficult for me. It's been a motivation for me and I've worked hard to get back into the team here and the England call up - if it comes - is progress from what I've done for City."

^ Sky Sports - typo?

22:06
'We are closer...'
FT: Fulham 0-3 Manchester City

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola to BT Sport: "A great performance against a team like this who are so physical and have good ideas. It was an important victory for us. Eight games left and we are closer...

"Our pressing for the second and third goal... It was so difficult and we make a good game.

"Of course. The dynamic of the season is good. We didn't concede so that's good. So satisfying. Now we have two finals in the Champions League and the FA Cup.

"It was important for him [Sergio Aguero]. To score goals is everything for him and Gabriel [Jesus] as well. All the team was brilliant.

"Wins help to win the next game - of course, a different competition. There is not a second option in the next game. We will prepare our best and try to do well to get in the next stage."

MuEN
Player ratings

Ederson 7, Cancelo 7, Stones 9, Dias 7**, Laporte 7, Mendy 6, Rodrigo 7, Bernardo 7*, Torres 6, Jesus 8, Aguero (C) 7

SUBS Fernandinho 6*, Garcia 6**

22:08
'I asked players to be brave'

Fulham boss Scott Parker speaking to BT Sport: "We tried to take the game to the best team in Europe and this division. I thought we did do that. We conceded silly goals in the second half. Which is disappointing but the players know that. I asked the team to be brave and show a way about us to try and assert ourselves on Man City. For large parts they did very well but it was some silly goals really.

"We were solid and were in the game. We had our little tiny moments in the first half where we need to be more clinical. You have to stay more solid in the second half but the goal came straight after half time which is an uphill battle.

"There are massive positives. People may look at the way the goals were conceded but if you try to take a team on like Manchester City there are risks that come from that. We fell short. Overall I'm very pleased.

"Big test now. Our season won't be defined against a side like Man City. Now as always, we re-group, learn from the mistakes, take the positives and go again."

22:12
'We all know how good Aguero is'
FT: Fulham 0-3 Man City

Man City defender John Stones speaking to BBC Sport: "I give massive credit to [Fulham] for the way they played and set up against us. Their overall game doesn't reflect where they are in the table. It was difficult in the first half and we showed great character in the way we kept going. It paid off in the end. Really pleased overall."

On his goal: "I'm really pleased, we know they keep a high line and it was a great ball from Joao [Cancelo] so I just had to time my run and it fell nicely for me."

On Sergio Aguero: "Im really happy for Sergio to get that scoring feeling back. We all know how good he is and I'm really happy to see him on the scoresheet as I'm sure every City fan is."

On the title: "We've always had that fighting spirit. The target is in the front of our minds and it's getting closer. We're taking each game as it comes. Games are coming thick and fast and there are a lot of competitions we're still in."

22:15
'Everyone must contribute'

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola speaking to BBC Sport: "We knew it [would be difficult]. You just look at Fulham's last results they don't concede goals. We do well. In 90 minutes generally we were so solid and, yeah, we won again.

"They defended really well man-to-man. In the right moment we did it and I'm very pleased for all the players and the commitment from the players in the locker room before the game. We travel to Budapest now and prepare for another final before we get ready for the quarter-final of the FA Cup.

"I will arrive well [with a fit squad] in Budapest through rotating. Sometimes the players don't believe me, I want everyone involved. Sometimes it is difficult but everyone has to make a contribution to win games and we will arrive at the end of the season fighting as best as possible."

22:19
'It's the defining moment'

Fulham boss Scott Parker to BBC Match of the Day: "Disappointing. It's fair to say for large parts today - I asked the team to be brave and show courage against the team who will be champions - and we were. There's no denying the mistakes we gave away for the goals were sloppy. But like I said, I was pleased with how the players went about it tonight.

"You are playing against a team that in any moment of the game, can hurt you. You have to be switched on. That's probably the residing factor of the game.

"The season is not going to be defined by a team we have played tonight and the quality they have. Individually, I wanted to leave an imprint and individually we did that. We will dust ourselves down and move on.

"This is the part of the season when trophies are won and rewards are won. It's the nitty-gritty of it. It's the defining moment. We understand that. It's the home stretch for us. We are in a good place and we will continue.

"The bumps along the way this year were always going to be there. Not many players in the team who have been around the Premier League. So far, we have come a long way. It will be the fuel for us to get better and improve as a team and as individuals. We will try to become stronger and better for it.

"Every game we go into we want to get something out of. Of course [against Leeds next] is a game we want to go into and get points from. We will keep moving."