Front 2 next League game | Vital Football

Front 2 next League game

Blade for Life

Vital 1st Team Regular
For me McBurnie has to start he is a real handful. I also think we need the pace and energy of Robinson. No disrespect to Sharp, who played well on Saturday. We could get something out of the game but Basham has to watch the runs of Mount and Norwood has to stop giving the ball away in midfield.

It'll be McBurnie up front on his own I think
The five defenders will be five defenders for 90% of the game.
And I think the midfield will be Lundstam and Norwood sitting in front of the back five with Freeman/Robinson or McG trying to get forward to support McBurnie

Totally not us, but that's the kind of approach we'll have for away games at places like Chelsea

Wonder if too many on Saturday were believing their own publicity and thinking The Prem is a walk in the park. Maybe Saturday was a wake up call. Still if we can beat Palace and they go and win at O/T it shows we must be doing something right. Think Leicester will be in the top 6 and the way we played against them bodes well for the rest of the season.

Every game where we can get a point or more is precious. The 'we played well, but still lost' mentality for game after game, is what I think CW fears the most. We have to keep the scoreboard ticking over, getting points where we have the chance.

We have a run of tough games coming up that lasts till December, then we have a run of five games against the bottom third, and then again in February/Early March. We have to reach them winnable games with confidence high and we can maximise our return.

The 10 games around December and February/Early March is where our season is really made and lost, but we will need at least 15 points from the other games to get ourselves above the line.

https://www.sufc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/

Wonder if too many on Saturday were believing their own publicity and thinking The Prem is a walk in the park. Maybe Saturday was a wake up call.

If anything, it is the exact opposite. Too many of our players in the first half looked like they were believing the bad publicity about how we are just a bunch of triers with no talent, and not playing as well as they are capable of doing.

I'd never challenge TUFTY's slections but i wudda defo started McBurnie on Satdi if i'd been pickin the side,there was a big difference when BILLY&Oli came on,i still think Robinson will prove to be a gud signin for us but at Chelski i'm hopin FLECKY's back and startin and perhaps have Freeman in't hole behind McBurnie.UTMPB

Robinson best buck his ideas up,not been impressed thus far, Mcburnie I love him,what a start to his United career, should be first name on team sheet as regards strikers

I'd never challenge TUFTY's slections but i wudda defo started McBurnie on Satdi if i'd been pickin the side,there was a big difference when BILLY&Oli came on,i still think Robinson will prove to be a gud signin for us but at Chelski i'm hopin FLECKY's back and startin and perhaps have Freeman in't hole behind McBurnie.UTMPB

I would have started McBurnie in all three of our games. I understand why Robinson started, as he was excellent in pre-season, but McGoldrick was no more than okay in the games I saw and he and Robinson seem to be too similar to be playing in the same team. I'm just a fan and not the LMA manager of the year winner though, so I try not to criticise team selections too much...

I don’t really understand the negative comments about Robinson, when I have seen him he does his share and half of McGoldricks share of the work. So much so he got injured against Palace. Give him a partner like McBurnie and he will shine.

I don’t really understand the negative comments about Robinson, when I have seen him he does his share and half of McGoldricks share of the work. So much so he got injured against Palace. Give him a partner like McBurnie and he will shine.

Just got to find the right combinations up front and in behind them. Wilder will sort it...

ROBINSON is giving his all hes just out of sorts a little until he adjusts ,the question is can we wait until hes adjusted, BURNIE starts simple as that. at chelsea id start wi burnie up top and 4 in mid ,besic norwood lunds and freeman , jags in for bash at the back ,we just cant afford bashams clumsy play when going forward

Just got to find the right combinations up front and in behind them. Wilder will sort it...

I’d like to think Mousset will be on the bench, to bring on and give it a go in the last fifteen minutes, assuming we can hold firm up to that point, we must give it a go and try and turn Chelsea round on at least a few occasions, just to keep them honest.

McBurnie for McGoldrick is the only change according to some people on S2. I don't know if that is true, or how they would know if it is, but it seems plausible.

I’d like to think Mousset will be on the bench, to bring on and give it a go in the last fifteen minutes, assuming we can hold firm up to that point, we must give it a go and try and turn Chelsea round on at least a few occasions, just to keep them honest.
I agree with that, if we go to defend for 90 minutes we will lose. Of course we cannot afford to get caught on the break and be as open as usual but this Chelsea team concedes goals and they don't like pace.
I can't help thinking we overloaded with midfielders when we needed a faster Basham upgrade. Did we really need Freeman, Morrison Osbourn and Besic on top of what we already had ?.

Why do you say Bash is slow? He got caught out by overconfidence IMO.
If we play our normal system (and i hope we do) we are going to get caught out against the top teams. That little Piggy Vardy showed that. Bash is not a bad player and has been a very important player in our 2 promotions but he is the weak link out of the 3 CB's. After a promising start i think we can all see where we need to tweak to improve. The transfer window was our best for many years and CW performed a minor miracle but this is an area that should be top of the list the next time we strengthen. I am being picky i know but we need to keep moving forwards and cement our place in the Premier league.

Each to their own.....I'd pick a fit Bash over Jags at this stage of the season at RCB.
Egan and O'Connell need to shape up after the last home game performance. All
the 3 CBs need to improve.Perhaps that's a bit harsh as I did think we should have had the draw.

Last edited: