Froch v Groves Fight Thread | Vital Football

Froch v Groves Fight Thread

BEEFY

Vital Football Legend
This is gonna need its own thread!

I will kick off with last nights programme - it was brilliant. Even if you're not into boxing then watch from 13 minutes onwards. It's both amusing and seething with hatred. Essential viewing and is the polar opposite to the first fight build up, where Groves is now the one who can't hold it together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNxhpXB7bhU

(can someone embed it.....I've forgotten how!)

froch will win this fight. prob inside 8/9. we will see a different fight this time round

I can't wait just acquired a nano box 2 just hope it's as good as the first one I'm sure it will be.

Won't watch as it is ppv and I already pay enough.

Think sky have spoiled boxing with their extra charges.

Read an interview with Froch the other day, he certainly seems well up for it and has said he isn't going to get I to a silly brawl this time around, which he said would be easy to do because he really does dislike groves.

I'd bet on Froch.

Sky are billing it as the biggest British boxing match of all time. I can't agree on that!!

Lol the pouting is pathetic when you compere the venom exchanged between Eubank & Benn or even Kaylor v Christie.

i agree surely groves doesnt have the credentials to make this a best of all time match. load of bollox to sell tickets

Froch I hope but by god it will be hateful.

The last fight was outstanding so hope for same.

Its the biggest British Boxing match of recent history, And if its anything like the first match it will be a fight of the year candidate.

Cmon Gorgeous George!

Hope Groves does it, he was robbed in the first fight. As a person, would say Froch seems more likeable, but based on the first fight, Groves deserved better than having the fight stopped.
Doesn't look like Groves is getting under Frochs skin this time, but Froch seeing a sports psychologist for anything other than getting battered first time round, and NOT discussing Groves.......... Yeah right, pull the other one. Thought Groves could have nailed him on that, but didn't.
If I had to bet on it, my money would be on Froch though.

The Fear - 25/5/2014 19:55

Won't watch as it is ppv and I already pay enough.

Think sky have spoiled boxing with their extra charges.

Read an interview with Froch the other day, he certainly seems well up for it and has said he isn't going to get I to a silly brawl this time around, which he said would be easy to do because he really does dislike groves.

I'd bet on Froch.

Sky are billing it as the biggest British boxing match of all time. I can't agree on that!!
I agree with you on ppv that's why I got the nano box a one off payment £65 on ebay and you get the lot.

SKEGGY - 25/5/2014 20:02

Lol the pouting is pathetic when you compere the venom exchanged between Eubank & Benn or even Kaylor v Christie.
Kaylor and Christie was some fight Christie was never the same after that night which was a god damn shame because he was such a promising fighter Honeygan done the same to Donald Curry the cobra broke his heart no fighting spirit after.

gator - 26/5/2014 10:13

SKEGGY - 25/5/2014 20:02

Kaylor and Christie was some fight Christie was never the same after that night which was a god damn shame because he was such a promising fighter Honeygan done the same to Donald Curry the cobra broke his heart no fighting spirit after.

I remember the build up to the Honeyghan v Curry fight the general consciences was if Honeyghan won it would be comparable to Leyton Orient winning the World Cup. The ragamuffin man took the fight to Curry and he (Curry) couldn't cope.

I enjoyed my boxing back in the day. We had some good World Champions. As mr Fear said previously Sky and it's Box Office PPV policy has ruined boxing

groves is a proper little wind up merchant. hope he gets vattered. neither are overly likeable but groves is a tit

Groves KO by round 6

Carl can't change his style enough by this stage in his career to cope with Groves' superior ability.

Still carries his left hand far too low and got beaten up in sparring recently by Chris Eubank Jr.

One big fat last payday and he'll retire a very rich man, thanks mainly to George Groves.

Will watch it, as I did the first on a stream - there will be 1000's available.

Cannot wait, the whole bill looks cracking to be fair, but the main event is something I have looked forward to since the first.

I think Froch will win this this. Yes, the first was obviously stopped early, and Groves fought superbly up until that point - those two things cannot be disputed.

But Groves was totally out on his feet, and it would have been stopped at some point - there was no way he was gonna last another 2 1/2 rounds.

This time, I don't think Froch will under-estimate Groves the way he did in the first fight.

I cannot see Froch leaving himself as open for the shots he took in the first.

But I can see Groves tiring just as he did before.

I will go Froch , stoppage, between 8 and 10.

you honestly believe that? froch will play the same game he did vs kessler 2. groves is not as good as froch made him look last time out. groves throws alot of dummies... frochs team will need to smack that out of his game plan early and we will see groves being knocked the hell out before double figures

Groves will get the beating he deserves.

No respect for a great champion.

And if he does lose to a man that age, it shows he's a fraud - billy big bollox.