Friendlies | Vital Football

Friendlies

kickingimp

Vital Squad Member
In amongst all the signings we still haven't announced many friendlies. With less than 5 weeks to go we only have

Away at Lincoln United on the 8th
Trinity in the cup on the 15th
Oxford at Home on 25th
Walsall at home on 29th

I can't find it listed in the fixtures on the main site

What will be the Beevers Testimonial?

I need football! Its been far too long already

Yeah, not many this year. No Lincoln XI type games.

They're off to Portugal, presumably for a week, so I imagine that's why we're playing Orient midweek i.e. play them on the way back?

Orient still not confirmed, as far as I know - probably waiting to see whether there will be a team to play or not. They will probably play a game in Portugal - the other L2 clubs going abroad are.

And I suspect the opponents for the Beevers game have not been announced yet - I don't think it will be Walsall or Oxford.

Scotimp - 29/6/2017 02:52

Orient still not confirmed, as far as I know - probably waiting to see whether there will be a team to play or not. They will probably play a game in Portugal - the other L2 clubs going abroad are.

And I suspect the opponents for the Beevers game have not been announced yet - I don't think it will be Walsall or Oxford.

I guess he at least played for Walsall.

Ipswich or Boston probably best, can't see it being the Stags?

Woodis - 29/6/2017 08:37

Which team will Harry Anderson line up for or will he do a half for both teams? !!

Think he's staying there by the sounds of it, their chairman said no one will be going to Lincoln this summer ha. Not sure if something had gone on or just a statement of fact.

Rasenimp - 28/6/2017 16:45

Which team will Harry Anderson line up for or will he do a half for both teams? !!

Think he's staying there by the sounds of it, their chairman said no one will be going to Lincoln this summer ha. Not sure if something had gone on or just a statement of fact.

doubt we would be playing them in a friendly *if something had gone on*

Think I read that Anderson had recently signed a 2 year contract at Posh so he won't be an IMP anytime soon.

Impish - 28/6/2017 17:22

Think I read that Anderson had recently signed a 2 year contract at Posh so he won't be an IMP anytime soon.

That's fine. Just shows what DC & NC can do with a fringe player.

Rasenimp - 28/6/2017 16:45

There'll be at least 11 Posh players going to Lincoln this summer...

if only for the day...

Impish - 29/6/2017 09:22

https://twitter.com/DMAC102/status/879428805718413312

Someone remind me how many minutes DC said last season was the target for pre-season? Wonder if that helped or hindered us because of the far higher number than expected games we played. Certainly recall a lot more games last season, two on same day sometimes (so Craig Stanley could play)