French striker on trial | Page 2 | Vital Football

French striker on trial

I’m struggling to remember any end product we got out of Mulligan in terms of goals and assists. A bit of pressure from the top by running around a bit, but otherwise I only remember glaring misses from two yards out. A famous Gills name though!

A strike rate of 1 in 10 could be the reason Mullers has spent the last five or so years as a centre half.

I’m struggling to remember any end product we got out of Mulligan in terms of goals and assists. A bit of pressure from the top by running around a bit, but otherwise I only remember glaring misses from two yards out. A famous Gills name though!

He had a prolific run of about 6 goals in 8 games when partnered by Bas Savage and was the main striker. When Savage moved on, Mulligan moved back into the "support the other striker and flick the ball on" roll and ended up spending his time running around closing people down.

I do have on good authority from Wayne though that his lack of scoring was because our midfield was shit and never created any chances.

Tons of assists for sure, although fewer goals than one would have wanted. He never gave up chasing lost causes.

Last edited:
1-1 today eh?

Lets start getting in tune for the season -

“Conceded a goal? I said our defence was useless”.

“Can’t beat the likes of QP Hah? Sort it out Scally!”.

“Evans out!”

Bit rusty, but you can tell I haven’t lost it.

hit the crossbar with a speculative 20 yarder at Swansea. -Mulligan, that is,
people barely noticed