French Disrespect | Vital Football

French Disrespect

hulloutpost

Vital Champions League

My overriding emotion on this is sadness for the living veterans who helped to liberate the ungrateful bastards country.

How disrespectful, while their friends and comrades were giving their lives on the French beaches and beyond, with barely a platoon of French nationals landing alongside them to liberate their own country; let's not forget millions of French in Vichy were openly collaborating and colluding with the Germans.

Oh well, I'm sure they'll know where we are when they want British money for their cheese or ever need our military support again.

Last edited:
Let's wait for those who will start bleating about ' it's just a flag' wait, what's that noise, can I hear somebody galloping up with their twopenorth?

I vividly remember some actual D Day colour footage which had a tremendously emotional impact on me and it was nothing to do with the carnage of battle. It was a landing craft approaching the French coast line in the minutes before it landed. There were lines of British troops sitting in dignified silence, stoically resigned to their fate.

Just kids really, I couldn't help thinking how many didn't even get off that beach, ordinary lads that would have been farmers, plumbers and factory workers - off to fight somebody else' war on behalf of other countries.

Last edited: