Four points | Vital Football

Four points

Whitstabletangerine

Vital Reserves Team
Yes just four points separating our teams at present do you believe you will be above us by Christmas?

Recently our form has dropped of somewhat with just two wins in the last twelve games and coming up other than Wimbledon, (a possible banana skin) we have Peterborough, Ipswich, Sunderland and Fleetwood.

I have been going to Ipswich since our first meeting in '62 and we have never won at their place, I was hoping that we might do it just once in what's left in my lifetime but it looks exceedingly unlikely.

Can't say whether Gills will finish above Blackpool, as I'm not sure how Blackpool have been playing, but I'm confident that Gills will finish in the top half. They've been playing really well without getting results, apart from Oxford away. I've watched every home game and when we played top teams Wycombe we won well, against Posh and Ipswich we were the better team but got nothing, mainly due to bad luck and Gills poor finishing. But it's predominantly a new bunch of players and will take time to gel of course.
And when you listen to Evans saying that Ferguson came into his office and apologised for Posh nicking the points, and Shrewsbury's manager saying to him that they were lucky they weren't 4 down at half time, you tend to think it's only a matter of time. Onwards and upwards!

.. Or that he’s talking shit, which is often the case with the big man. He’s said something similar after most games that we didn’t win.

Top six finish for us to if you finish above us, you'll be promoted or at least in the playoffs.
See you at Wembley.

Did this really happen though, sorry to sound cynical I just find it very hard to believe, Davey. I think we've probably deserve to pick up more points than we have but playing very well is stretching it in my opinion from the games I've seen, even as recent as the first half at Accrington. I am hopeful that win is the start of a good run and push up the table though. :thumbup:

Kent County Council are praying for a mild winter as following Steve Evans’ post match comments and assessments this season, salt is now in very short supply.